Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight 360 not updating with Revit 2017.1

41 REPLIES 41
SOLVED
Message 1 of 42
RMITDAMIEN
2232 Views, 41 Replies

Insight 360 not updating with Revit 2017.1

So, I have just read the Insight 360 blog and seen that there has been a minor update with Revit 2017.1. I have updated and I am not seeing the updated tool bar... any thoughts? 

http://blogs.autodesk.com/insight360/revit-2017-1-includes-insight-360-energy-optimization/#comments...

41 REPLIES 41
Message 2 of 42
mstein7484
in reply to: RMITDAMIEN

Hello,

Can you send us a screenshot of the Analysis ribbon in Revit?

Did you already have the Insight 360 plugin installed for Revit 2017?

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

insight.support@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 42
RMITDAMIEN
in reply to: mstein7484

Thanks for the reply mstein. I have attached requested screenshots & more.

I did already have the latest 2017 download installed. I obtained it from this site: https://insight360.autodesk.com/oneenergy/landing/download

After installing 2017.1 and seeing no change, I uninstalled the plugin, re-downloaded it and installed it again. No change. 

I also noticed in my energy settings dialog, there is no location entry anymore....?? I also have 2016 installed and energy settings (the old version) are all still intact displaying location. 

Hope you can solve this one!

Message 4 of 42
mstein7484

Hi,

Thanks for responding with the screenshots. From looking at the ribbon, it doesn't look like the Revit 2017.1 update. Can you please confirm, by looking at the very top of your Revit window, that you are looking at Revit 2017.1?

If it is still showing Revit 2017 (and not Revit 2017.1), close Revit and repeat the upgrade process. You will then see the new icons for "Energy Optimization" (the updated Insight 360 workflow).  The Energy Optimization has a separate icon for selecting the project location.

Let us know if you have more questions on this topic, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 42
RMITDAMIEN

Hi mstein, did you look at ALL the images I attached to my last post? The one that says 'Revit Version'. It clearly says 2017.1. I also wrote in my post that i installed it... Yes your right, the ribbon does not look like Revit 2017.1...hence my post... 

I have installed insight plugin and 2017.1 update.... twice. 

any less obvious ideas... have you checked to see if this has been reported anywhere else? 

Message 6 of 42
RMITDAMIEN

no further help on this one??? It's a strange one!

Message 7 of 42
mstein7484

Hello,

My question about the version of Revit is just to confirm Revit 2017.1 was correctly installed so that would be the version shown at the top of the Revit window.

Can you try to repair the Revit install and then try again?

We haven't seen this issue before.

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 42
Anonymous

I've experienced the same issue and have posted about it today as I'd missed this conversation. I haven't reinstalled the plugin yet, but my ribbon does look the same as R 2016 for the energy optimisation task bar.

Please can you confirm the location of the 2017.1 download and I will have a re-try if required.
Message 9 of 42
mstein7484
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

With Revit 2017.1 you don't need a to install a separate plugin. Insight 360 is integrated into Revit. It's located on the Analysis tab on the ribbon, under "Energy Optimization".

See this blog posting for more info: http://blogs.autodesk.com/insight360/revit-2017-1-includes-insight-360-energy-optimization/ 

Let us know if you have more questions on this topic, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 42
RMITDAMIEN

Unfortunately, I haven't had time to try the reinstall yet. I don't have the install files, so need to re-download and install when I have a spare 3-4 hrs.

But will come back and report when I have tried this suggestion.

Message 11 of 42
Anonymous

This issue is not yet resolved...please see attached screenshots which show the 2017.1 install with and without the Insight plugin installed.

Is there a setting somewhere which is blocking the energy interface from loading?

Message 12 of 42
Anonymous

This issue is not yet resolved...please see attached screenshots which show the 2017.1 install with and without the Insight plugin installed.

Is there a setting somewhere which is blocking the energy interface from loading?

Message 13 of 42
Anonymous

Screenshots

Message 14 of 42
mstein7484

Hello,

Thanks for including the screenshots. Unfortunately I will need to check with our developers about this issue. Based on the forum posts it looks like two of you are experiencing this glitch.

In order to help us troubleshoot the problem can you please send us a Revit journal file from any analysis you tried with the 2017.1 update?

You will find them in this directory: C:\Users\*your user name*\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2017\Journals

Am I correct in assuming the screenshot which includes icons for Generate Insight, Heating & Cooling, Lighting and Solar is with the separate 2017 plugin installed?

The screenshot without all those icons is without the separate 2017 plugin installed?

Our apologies for this problem. We'll get back to you as soon as we have some information on how to resolve it.

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 15 of 42
RMITDAMIEN

I can confirm the images posted by forster are identical to what I experience in adding and removing the 2017 insight plugin. 

Even with 2017.1, when i remove the plugin, i get the limited icons as seen in his images. 

I will look for and post my journal files tomorrow. 

Message 16 of 42
Anonymous

Marjorie,

Any solution on this yet? You are correct about the screenshots, and I haven't done any analysis with 2017.1 as I'm waiting for the correct setup.

Thanks

Tim

Message 17 of 42
mstein7484

Hello,

Our apologies for this frustration.

In order to help the developers narrow down the problem, could everyone experiencing this issue provide us with more information?

• How did you install Revit 2017.1:
    • Did you upgrade from Reviit 2016
    • Did you upgrade from Revit 2017
    • Or did you install Revit 2017.1 directly
  • What language is your version of Revit (i.e. English, Chinese, etc.)?

Thanks for your patience while we debug the problem.

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 18 of 42
RMITDAMIEN

Hi Mstein, 

answers to the questions you requested below:

1. I have Revit 2016
  2. I installed Revit 2017 the month it was released by downloading files from Virtual Agent and installed directly. 
  3. I downloaded Revit 2017.1 the week it was released and installed. 
  4. English Version

You also asked earlier for a journal file of an energy analysis. Attached is a journal file of Revit 2017.1 WITH & WITHOUT insight 360 installed. The other is an energy analysis with Revit 2016 if you needed it for comparison. 

Hope it helps. 

Message 19 of 42
mstein7484

Hello,

Thanks for all of the information.

One more question (sorry to keep adding more questions), how did you install the 2017.1 upgrade--what link did you use?

Thanks again for your patience as we troubleshoot the cause of the problem.

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 20 of 42
RMITDAMIEN

Thats fine, ask as many as you need if it helps. 

If memory serves right, would have been from my account, although sometimes there is a delay for it to show up, so its possible I also got it from a blog post. Although, i remember reading the updates in 'Inside the factory' blog and that has a download link to my account, so my money is on that.... 

Sorry couldn't be more specific. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report