Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InfraWorks Footprint & Auto-Random height build generator:

InfraWorks Footprint & Auto-Random height build generator:

The idea is useful as it provides an out-of-the-box experience to help streamline the editing experience within an application. The plug-in installed user only need to "click and drag" the mouse similar to what's already implemented but more advanced. The initial "click and drag" [manually] over the existing location of a structure will generate "footprint" and highlighted the footprint, left mouse click opens up option window for custom height/random height extrusion process. InfraWorks is amazing to me at the moment and feels the potential possibilities to improve functionalities is at the fingertips Autodesk coders. The screenshot should help you guys see my point.

Regards,

Ahmad M.

1 Comment
eblackburnEFFVJ
Enthusiast

Microsoft has a Buildings Survey available under the ArcGIS guest access section that has many more building outlines available than OpenStreetMaps, especially in rural and residential areas. Infraworks will extrude these outlines a set distance, and can apply roof slopes to them as well. Having an easier method of randomizing the heights (along with a range of values to stay within) would be very welcome! I know that it can be done with scripting, but most of us aren't coders and it isn't as easy.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report