Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a new model of one proposal

Create a new model of one proposal

On the one hand it would be great if you could work first in a big model of a city, then create different proposals, make a border of these proposals (for example town districts) and then create a new model of one of these proposals. In my opinion that would be way to handle a model easier if you don't need the whole context of the city any more. 

And on the other hand it woukld be practiacally if you  can also add/merge a smaller model in a big model. 

Kind Regards,

Eric

4 Comments
C3D_TomR
Collaborator

What if you could define the limits of a project area within a larger model that export only the content within that limit to a new project? Would that resulting project be similar to what you are describing here?

Anonymous
Not applicable

This would be exactly what I like to do. If you could define these limits in a proposal and then export it to a new model it would be a good solution. For example it could be a brownfiled project and first you like tos eee the whole context and then you like to see only the closer area.

Kind regards,

Eric

Eric_Chappell
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

I'm checking with the product team on this...

scheel
Advocate

I think the original idea of eric is also important to save a proposal of the whole Project as a new Project.

It should not be a Problem to realize both when one of them have a solution.

Kind Regards

Thorsten

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report