Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does infraworks have no bench for the slopes?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
634 Views, 4 Replies

Why does infraworks have no bench for the slopes?

I would like to know why infraworks does not have benches for the slopes

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Matt__W
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you referring to the model generated from Model Builder? If so, you have to remember that it's not going to be extremely accurate. The DEM is more of an interpolation so therefore you're not going to see sharp breaks in the terrain like with a retaining wall, for example.

Matt Wunch
Revit Subject Matter Expert/sUAS Pilot

Twitter | LinkedIn

AU2017 - Code Blue Dr Revit - How to Resuscitate Corrupt Revit Models

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

no

Would like to have option in building bench to slope above x meters

Because the infraworks generates slopes without bench, generating slopes with enormous heights

I would like to have the user's option to set the width and each of the bench equal to the daylightbench subassemblies of the civil 3d

Infraworks has been in the market for years and to date has not given this option to the user to set bench to the slope of the roads

Message 4 of 5
Matt__W

@Anonymous I would recommend you posting this in the Ideas Forum. The more votes an idea gets, the more likely it will be considered by the Dev Team as a new feature. No guarantee that it will make it to a future release, but it can't hurt to let them know what would be helpful. Also, I would suggest getting involved with the Beta testing.

Matt Wunch
Revit Subject Matter Expert/sUAS Pilot

Twitter | LinkedIn

AU2017 - Code Blue Dr Revit - How to Resuscitate Corrupt Revit Models

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button.

Message 5 of 5
fcernst
in reply to: Matt__W

Infraworks has been in the market for years and to date..

I agree..I am finding that Infraworks is lacking a lot of basic funtionality like this despite having been on the market for so long and supported with our subcription fees.

There aren't even any contour labels!

Benching is fundamental to road and especially highway design and should be included.

Someone needs to light a fire under the Infraworks staff and get them moving...

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report