Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version 19.0.72.0 - Unable to Open Model - Cannot open the document you specifie

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rhowell_mcelhanney
555 Views, 5 Replies

Version 19.0.72.0 - Unable to Open Model - Cannot open the document you specifie

Had not problem working on this all day yesterday but after I shut down and restarted the computer my file will no longer open. 

Capture.PNG

I have also tried to run the routine for long path names with no luck.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I found a lock file which was causing the problem. 

That being said. This version seems to have some big problems. It completely converted all my roads to a different style and completely destroyed my intersection.

Message 3 of 6

Hi @rhowell_mcelhanney

I am happy to hear that the lock file was the problem with opening your model.

In regards to the conversion of roads and intersection issues, this is the results of 2019.0 moving to a new rendering framework to improve the ability to render and accomplish detail design.

With the previous framework, there was a lot of "magic" and blending that the rendering engine did in order to represent the design. This was not desirable due to that fact that it would not represent what the user intended, nor did it represent how it would be built or exist in the field.

With 2019.0, style based design roads no longer exist and will be converted to Component Roads. if you had complicated custom styles that used odd tracks to represent Lanes or Shoulders, there could be some manual cleanup work to get them to appear as desired. Most likely the intersection issues are just mismatched components that previously were styles that would just magically blend together. Here is a simple example of the before an after:

simple_example_int.pngIf you want to share your data or a screen shot, I may be able to assist and give you suggestions on how to clean up the intersections issues.

Hope this helps!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 4 of 6

Thanks Seth. Mine was way more than that. It changed the style of the road component being used. Altered the widths and actually had vertical busts in excess of 5m. Due to time restrictions I had to revert back to an older model and move back to a previous release of Infraworks. When I have time and this project is complete I will switch over and see if it happens again.

Regards

Rob

Message 5 of 6

Seth. I hope you are around.

I just opened my restored version of the infraworks no problem. When I close infraworks the project I was just in says it was not created with the current version?????????????????????????

Message 6 of 6

Hi @rhowell_mcelhanney

I apologize for lack of response as I went home for the evening, I am located on the east coast.

When you upgraded the model, was it saved in the Cloud Groups? Did you migrate to BIM 360? Did you make a copy of the model when prompted, then upgrade the copy? If you made a copy, the original should still be available in your cloud groups. I would recommend removing the local copy (wherever that may exist) and re-download the copy from the cloud Groups in 2018.2.

My offer still stands to help get your model displaying as expected. with the new rendering engine in 2019.0, if you choose to move forward with the newest release.

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report