Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Create the model in the cloud

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
jelle.otter
1363 Views, 9 Replies

Unable to Create the model in the cloud

Hey,

Every time I want to create a new Infraworks model and save is the BIM 360 for collaboration, I get the following error:

Capture.JPG

Anyone an idea what's causing this error message?

Only way so far to save a model to BIM 360 is creating it with modelbuilder, but then I'm not able to edit the settings for use in the Netherlands.

Using Infraworks version: 19.1

and Windows 10

Thanks for the help.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hi @jelle.otter

I am wondering if the log files show any hint about this issue, could you send it from C:\Users\<<USER>>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk InfraWorks\logs ?

What happens when creating a new model in the cloud is that the model is first created on the local hard drive in the cloud models folder and then immediately synchronized to the BIM360 folder.

If the model creation fails, then it's a local system issue. If the cloud synchronization fails after the model has been created, then it's a cloud issue, but in that case you should have a local model on your computer (little house icon on the model thumbnail on the InfraWorks start screen).

What "special settings" for Netherlands do you mean?

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 3 of 10

Hey Karsten,

I attached the logs from yesterday.

Actually the problem happens in both cases. I can't sync models that are created locally (see image) and are created true a BIM 360 folder.

Capture2.JPG

Hope you find something.

Message 4 of 10

Hi @jelle.otter

the local model is created in path C:/Users/<<USER>>/Documents/Autodesk InfraWorks Models

Then, when trying to upload it to BIM360 an "Unexpected error." happened., unfortunately there are no further details.

Do you have access to the BIM360 folder where you want to upload the model to in a browser?

Can you select another BIM360 account and folder to test if it works there?

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 5 of 10

Hi Karsten,

Yes I have access to the BIM 360 folders, but selecting a different folder doesn't change the error. I have admin rights to all the folders.

For models in the Netherlands, I change the coordinate system, Schema template file and design standards.

Message 6 of 10

Hi @jelle.otter

can you try and close the process AdSSO.exe from the task manager?

It's the Autodesk single sign on process and you will be prompted to log into InfraWorks again.

If the issue is related to any login connection issue to BIM360 it should work then.

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 7 of 10
John_DeLeeuw
in reply to: jelle.otter

Hi @jelle.otter,

Did you or someone else with access to the project maybe create a Rolling Sandbox model in that specific project? I maybe have a related situation that's causing the same problem.

Also take note, custom schema template files are not yet supported in the InfraWorks production version. Not sure if this might be related to the problem but it's worth mentioning. 

John de Leeuw
Senior Consultant

Community Ambassador - Twitter - LinkedIn

Message 8 of 10
jelle.otter
in reply to: John_DeLeeuw

Could be the problem. I just tested creating a cloud model with the latest sandbox release and that is not giving any issues.

I have used the same BIM 360 folders for testing new functionality and collaboration possibilities with Infra Sandbox releases.

Message 9 of 10
John_DeLeeuw
in reply to: jelle.otter

I think that's your problem. Below my findings from another project:

From the Rolling Sandbox (RS) version you can create models in the same BIM360 folders as the Production Version (PV), since these are all connected to the same Autodesk ID. And this remains possible when there are already models present from the PV.

The other way around presents the problem, once you use the RS to create/sync any model to a BIM360 Project, you can't create/sync models from the PV in/to that specific project. I tried several possible workarounds but nothing seemed to help. Only creating a complete new BIM360 project solved the problem.

Can anyone from the Autodesk team confirm this?

John de Leeuw
Senior Consultant

Community Ambassador - Twitter - LinkedIn

Message 10 of 10
jelle.otter
in reply to: John_DeLeeuw

Thanks. I'm going to try that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report