Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thursday 10/11/2018 Model Builder experincing issues

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
SethHall
510 Views, 6 Replies

Thursday 10/11/2018 Model Builder experincing issues

Hello all-

We are currently looking into the situation and will hopefully have it resolved shortly. Please follow this thread for updates as I will post more information here as it is available. Thanks so much for your patience!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
SethHall
in reply to: SethHall

Model Builder should be restored and working as expected. Please let us know if you run into any further issues.

Thanks for your patience!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 7
KPerison

Created a new model a few hrs ago, but it never appeared on my home page and still no email notification of the model being ready.  I thought possibly I did not complete the request. 

So, have tried again 3 times this past hr and Model Builder causes IW to crash each time now.  Was able to create a new model yesterday though.

Win 10 (Build 17134)

IW 2018.1.36

BTW, what is it you guys are fixing each time you say its been fixed? Seems to be happening often.

Message 4 of 7
KPerison
in reply to: KPerison

Here is a Screencast of the crash and burn.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/7c740d2c-0248-462d-8e44-b5c3621dfdaf

Model Builder is causing IW to crash.  Sometimes it is just when panning the map, selecting and area or when you select Create Model. Occationally when it doesn't crash outright and it tells you that the model request was submitted the prelim model tile does not display on the home tab and the completion email never arrives.

Message 5 of 7
nzeeben

Hi Kelly,

We did have an issue today where model requests were not being processed due to some of internal services not working correctly.  That has been resolved, you should be able to create models.  We dont have any other reports of the selection service crashing like you are showing in your video.  I will follow-up with Seth in the am.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Nick

Nick Zeeben
Group Product Manager
Message 6 of 7
SethHall

Hi @KPerison

I have never seen Model Builder just close InfraWorks like that before. I have some questions:

Did this ever work on this machine?

If it did work at one point, when did it stop working? Did anything chance om your machine or network at this time?

Do other InfraWorks cloud services work without issue?

Does this happen when connected to other networks, such as your home (if this machine is a laptop)?

Do you get a CER?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 7 of 7
KPerison

Did this ever work on this machine?

• Yes, as late as last week Oct. 12th

If it did work at one point, when did it stop working?

• Between last Friday Oct 12 and this afternoon Oct 17

Did anything chance om your machine or network at this time?

• No

Do other InfraWorks cloud services work without issue?

• Have not tried them (what would be an easy test that doesn't consume credits? I don't have many left atm)

Does this happen when connected to other networks, such as your home (if this machine is a laptop)?

• I am a teleworker. So, I'm at home on the same network all the time.

Do you get a CER?

• No CER's presented for any of the dozen times I tried this afternoon.

I tried to create another Model about 1hr after Nick sent his earlier reply. It did not crash and presented me with a success message after I clicked "Create". But I still have not received any email notification of its completion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report