Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Road Design - Creating a Tunnel

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
heitz15
746 Views, 5 Replies

Road Design - Creating a Tunnel

So guys,

Im trying to design a road in Infraworks, in Corridor Optimization, the "Use bridges above maximum fill height:" option is already checked but the "Use bridges above maximum fill height:" option is unckecable. Anyone know how do i get it working?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: heitz15

Hi @heitz15

I understand the the option is checked, but you want to uncheck it which is not possible.

In my test model I can uncheck both options in the Maximum Heights section.

Is it possible that it has something to do with your model or type of roads (sketched roads vs. design roads vs. component roads)?

Best Regards,

karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 3 of 6
heitz15
in reply to: Karsten.Saenger

No, actually i was the onw who said it wrong.

Actually The option "Use bridges above maximum fill height:" is already checked and i can uncheck with no problem.

But the other option "Use TUNNELS below maximum cut depth:" is unchecked and i cannot check it. And i really need to create a few tunnels.
Message 4 of 6
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: heitz15

Hi @heitz15

I cannot say why it is not possible for you to check the option.

If you like you can share your model with me (use my company email: karsten.saenger@autodesk.com for the invite) and I will have a look.

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Karsten.Saenger

@Karsten.Saenger @heitz15 

did you find a solution to the problem ? i'm having the same issue with infraworks 2020.2

deogracc_0-1587735232388.png

Message 6 of 6
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous ,

the tunnel option is a left-over setting from "Design Roads" that existed in InfraWorks until version ~2018.x. It only worked with style based tunnels.
When component roads were introduced, tunnels got deactivated for the optimization of component roads, because there were no road tunnels available for this type of road at the time.

Basically, estimating the cost of tunnels versus roads is a very complex calculation. There is not only earthowrk to consider but many more aspects such as environmental impact, etc.

Regards,
Karsten.

Karsten Saenger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report