Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipeline Not Ending and Adding Hydrants To Same Pipeline

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nkg2
284 Views, 2 Replies

Pipeline Not Ending and Adding Hydrants To Same Pipeline

Two questions:

1. For whatever reason, I am unable to create a new pipeline without extending one that is existing.  I have exited out of the said pipeline and features but when I go to create conceptual design features and select Pipelines, it wants to add to the existing line.  Purpose is I want to add new segments to that line and also tie furniture to the line (i.e. draw pipe from water storage tower to pipeline)
  2. Hydrants.  I want to add the hydrant furniture to the same pipelines as before.  Instead it wants me to draw a line and say the spacing of the furniture.  That is all well and good but I want to tie to the pipeline and I want to ensure that I raise it back to ground surface (e.g. pipeline is 5' below grade but want my attached hydrants to sit on the ground above the pipeline, or +5') and show a connection pipe between the hydrant and the pipeline.  Is this possible?
***Viewer/Reader Discretion is Advised***
Autodesk 2022- Architectural, Engineering and Construction Subscription & Infraworks
Windows 10 Professional, x64, Microsoft Surface Pro 3
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BrianHailey
in reply to: nkg2

As far as I know, there is no way to have a pipeline connect to city furniture. You would have to create the pipeline and then simply place a hydrant on top of the pipe.

Also, if you only want to create one object when creating city furniture, just double click in the model.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 3
nkg2
in reply to: BrianHailey

Thanks Brian -

I guess that will go into the idea station!  🙂  I would think that, despite this being a quick visual tool, that some city furniture would have some conditions to meet.  I also can see not having hydrants not automatically sitting on top of the line as that is not necessarily true either but like to see at the very least the ability to tag the hydrants at a predetermined spacing along the existing pipeline or go to the other side of the road, draw in the hydrants separately but have the ability to tag the pipeline so that hydrants are attached to the pipeline. 

***Viewer/Reader Discretion is Advised***
Autodesk 2022- Architectural, Engineering and Construction Subscription & Infraworks
Windows 10 Professional, x64, Microsoft Surface Pro 3

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report