Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parametric bridge components.

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
niklinds
1220 Views, 12 Replies

Parametric bridge components.

Hello, 

I'm currently trying to create some new content in Inventor like new piers and such. But I have some problems with the adjustable parameters in InfraWorks when I've imported them. 

So I have simply created 5 piers in the picture below as extrusions. I've also set the height of the extrusion as key parameter but it still doesn't show up as an adjustable parameter in InfraWorks. How can I reach this parameter in InfraWorks or what am I doing wrong? 

Next step would be to make this parameter to automatically connect and adjust it self to the height of the bridge, is there anyone who would like to explain how one can do this? As you can see in the picture, the piers doesn't connect themselves to the bridge, how do I make them do that?

Forum.png

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Nicola_Ianeselli
in reply to: niklinds

Hi @niklinds,

question: can you reach any other parameter inside the design?

My suggestion is to open something that is already working in IW360 and understand how parameters are connected to the element.

For the second question I think that the best way to do that is again to open something already working.

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button

Nicola Ianeselli
BIM Manager

Twitter | LinkedIn

Infraworks Ambassador

Want to present in Infraworks? Vote this up!

Message 3 of 13
Carrillof

Of what I have reviewed in itself should be adapted to the moment you load it in the library, adding it automatically adapts, you have reviewed the video?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVOJovel2QQ

Message 4 of 13

Take a look at this help topic and see if it can help you out. http://help.autodesk.com/view/INFMDR/ENU/?guid=GUID-172734D4-11AB-44FE-93E8-BB5B33E08A4E

Thanks,

Elliott

Message 5 of 13
Nicola_Ianeselli

Hi @niklinds,

I suggest you to have a look at this topic:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/infraworks-forum/parametric-model-import/td-p/7023733

and the video at the end.

Best

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button

Nicola Ianeselli
BIM Manager

Twitter | LinkedIn

Infraworks Ambassador

Message 6 of 13
BrianHailey

Project Kameleon is the tool that Autodesk intends to create the parts for the bridges in InfraWorks. I've heard recently that Kameleon has graduated from Labs and is now an official program, although I haven't done anything with it yet.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 7 of 13
niklinds
in reply to: Nicola_Ianeselli

Hello Nicola, 

So I've followed instructions from Autodesks help-suite and several movies but my first and main question or problem still remains. As you can see in the picture I added in the top I can't reach and change the hight even though I've added it as a parametric value. I can edit the height in the Part Sizes tab when importing a component and that's so far the height parameter goes. What might I be doing wrong here? 

Message 8 of 13

Hi @BrianHailey,

the latest news is that now you can edit everything within IW, with the help of Inventor.

You need no longer Project Kameleon. 

And this is exactly what @niklinds is doing.

@niklinds, do you think you could share the file? The behavior is weird and it should work immediately.

Best

Nicola Ianeselli
BIM Manager

Twitter | LinkedIn

Infraworks Ambassador

Message 9 of 13
niklinds

How odd,I  reinstalled both Inventor and InfraWorks and are finally able to reach the parameter for the height. So the next step will be to analyse existing components and how they are modelled in Inventor so that they adjust their hight automatically to the bridge. Thanks for the help either way @Nicola_Ianeselli 🙂

Message 10 of 13
Nicola_Ianeselli

Hi @niklinds,

well! I am glad the issue was resolved!! That was very strange indeed!!

Let's keep in touch, this is something super new, so it has to be further investigated.

Best

Nicola Ianeselli
BIM Manager

Twitter | LinkedIn

Infraworks Ambassador

Message 11 of 13
niklinds

Hi @Nicola_Ianeselli,

The problem has come up again.. But I have explored the main problem myself... Since I'm from Sweden, I use our three letters åäö, which Inventor doesn't like. When using those, the height, which in Swedish is Höjd, doesn't show up! This problem only seems to show up when I use the letters in Inventor, though I can change the label in InfraWorks using åäö. 

Problem solved and thanks for you patience! 🙂 

Message 12 of 13
Nicola_Ianeselli

Hi @niklinds,

my pleasure my friend 😃 I didn't know Inventor was so hard on such letters 😃

I just learnt Höjd in Swedish now, very cool! Thank you and have a wonderful day

Best

Nicola Ianeselli
BIM Manager

Twitter | LinkedIn

Infraworks Ambassador

Message 13 of 13

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report