Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Builder model failures 09/03/2019

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
SethHall
878 Views, 19 Replies

Model Builder model failures 09/03/2019

Hello all-

Model Builder is currently experiencing a small percentage of model failures. We are currently looking into the issue.  Please follow this thread for any updates from the team.

Thank you for your patience!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
YIT_NF
in reply to: SethHall

Hi Seth, cant wait for positive updates ... thx

Message 3 of 20
SethHall

Model Builder is currently fully functional and behaving as expected. Please let us know if you experience any further issues. Thanks again for your patience!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 4 of 20
YIT_NF

The empty models from before are still showing up in IW and it is not possible to delete ore remove them. any advise? the Model builder is really running, just tested. 

Message 5 of 20
SethHall
in reply to: YIT_NF

There currently is not a way to delete an un-downloaded Model Builder model. However I have added this request to our team's backlog and will investigate adding this feature in the future.

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 6 of 20
lucdoucet_msdl

I am currently experiencing ModelBuilding failures for a sites in Montréal, Québec on Sunday (yeah working weekend!) September 8th 2019.

"Duplicate Model. A model exists with the same name."

Will send you the information by private message.

Thanks,

Luc

Message 7 of 20
sheriefsalah43

I have same problem at middle east Qatar siliaa area please help me on this 

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 20
Matt__W
in reply to: sheriefsalah43

I'm unable to open/download any new models. Wondering if this is related??

ModelFailure.png

Matt Wunch
Revit Subject Matter Expert/sUAS Pilot

Twitter | LinkedIn

AU2017 - Code Blue Dr Revit - How to Resuscitate Corrupt Revit Models

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button.

Message 9 of 20
B.Trojak
in reply to: Matt__W

Guys this is still not working.  Infraworks 2020, UK Country style kit.  I am unable to even open the sample files (Tutorial (November 2018) & Charlotte NC (November 2018)

Message 10 of 20
Ellen.Yuan
in reply to: B.Trojak

The issue has been resolved, sorry for inconvenience. We'll continue to check and monitor, thanks very much for reporting.

Message 11 of 20
Matt__W
in reply to: Ellen.Yuan

Thanks, @Ellen.Yuan!

Just an FYI for everyone.... I had to recreate the model for it to work as I was still getting an "Unable to open model" error message from the ones I had created previously using Model Builder. Not sure if it's the same for everyone else but this is what I had to do.

Matt Wunch
Revit Subject Matter Expert/sUAS Pilot

Twitter | LinkedIn

AU2017 - Code Blue Dr Revit - How to Resuscitate Corrupt Revit Models

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button.

Message 12 of 20

Succes, ModelBuilder works for my site.

Allthough, I have the same problem as taner.yildirim that my 4 previous failed attempts now appear in the project list and don't have a delete option.

Will this problem be adressed in a different message stream?

Thanks,

Luc

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/infraworks-forum/model-builder-model-failures-09-03-2019/m-p/9004749/...

Message 13 of 20
SethHall
in reply to: lucdoucet_msdl

Glad to hear it @lucdoucet_msdl 

As for the delete models, we are looking at adding this functionality. Unfortunately there isn't a way to delete them at this time. However, the undownloaded models will expire after 60 days (I believe, I'll have to verify that time period) and will be removed once they expire.

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 14 of 20
mzjensen

I just created a model from Model Builder yesterday morning and I got an email saying "Duplicate Model. A model exists with the same name." The model appears on the IW home screen, but whenever I try to download to BIM 360 or to a local copy, I get the "Unable to open model" message. Are there still ongoing issues with Model Builder in IW 2020?

Zachri Jensen, PE   |  
Message 15 of 20
trandall
in reply to: mzjensen

I am getting this error again as well. 

Tom

Message 16 of 20
SethHall
in reply to: trandall

Hi @trandall and @mzjensen 

I checked our services and Model Builder is working as expected. Does this happen with just one model? Have other Model Builder models come back as expected?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 17 of 20
mzjensen

@SethHall,

I just tried creating another model and it worked fine. However, I still can't open or delete the one from yesterday. Sounds like I just need to let it sit for 90 days and then it will delete itself?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/infraworks/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Una...

Zachri Jensen, PE   |  
Message 18 of 20
SethHall
in reply to: mzjensen

Hi @mzjensen 

Glad to hear it. The undownloaded models will be automatically deleted after 30 days. We are currently evaluating adding the ability for the user to delete undownloaded models rather than waiting for them to expire.

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 19 of 20
mzjensen

Awesome. Thanks for your help, Seth.

Zachri Jensen, PE   |  
Message 20 of 20
trandall

I uninstalled infraworks and reinstalled. The model builder is working as expected now.

Thanks

Tom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report