Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land reclamation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Margaret_Rastall
301 Views, 4 Replies

Land reclamation

I'm a novice Infraworks user.  I am trying to amend coastline with a land reclamation project.  But when I add on land coverage area it just drapes it over the coastline and I cannot raise it to reflect the new area.   Do I need to create a new piece of land in a separate piece of software and then import it in?  Or is there something that I am missing?  I'm not a CAD user, but can get by on 3dsMAX - but not sure if thats compatible as its not georeferenced.

Infraworks screen grab.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi @Margaret_Rastall ,

have you tried a right click on the coverage area and switch to "Shape Terrain"?
Alternatively, instead of using coverage area, use grading area.

Both features are put on top of the existing terrain. If you want to see the aerial images below, assign a transparent style to the feature.

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 3 of 5

Hi  thanks for your reply.  I have tried a selection of styles of coverage and had no joy.  Every time it drapes regardless of the gradings I add.  The points show at that correct level.  But the surface still drapes to suit the existing levels and amend in height when raising the points. (I've left it as a style just to make it clearer until its displaying correctly)

Message 4 of 5

@Margaret_Rastall 

Are you setting it to 'drape' under the data soure config?

You can set an elevation for it there - under the sources tab, select 'set elevation' from the drop-down, then specify an elevation.

Apply & Refresh.

AEC Collection / Safe FME / ESRI ArcGIS / Unreal Engine
Digital Engineering Lead, Compulsive Problem Solver.
Message 5 of 5

Its not an imported source, its just a graded area drawn on direct in Infraworks. The closest options I saw were Manual and Rule Grading and also the Geometry - Generalization and Tessellation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report