Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infraworks custom parts catalog

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
erez.m
236 Views, 1 Reply

Infraworks custom parts catalog

Hello,

I made a custom part catalog using Infrastructure Parts editor and exported it to Documents\Autodesk InfraWorks Models folder (Default folder).

I created a civil 3d pipe network model using the same catalog (exported from parts editor to civil 3d, everything works perfect), and imported the model (DWG) to Infraworks.

When I change the manhole type to the custom one I made (pic2), then close & refresh, I see an empty space where the manhole should be.(pic1)

The only way i manage to see the structures I made is if I publish the catalog to a specified project.(pic3)

My first question is , am i missing something? Isn't the publish method to Shared content folder should be enough for it to work in all my models?

Thanks,

Erez.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
erez.m
in reply to: erez.m

I found the answer so I'll share it here,

If you build a custom Pipe Catalog and you want it to exist in every new project you create in Infraworks,

you can copy your "Parts" (Published from Parts Editor to Infraworks shared content folder) library to the following location:

\ProgramData\Autodesk\InfraWorks\Resources\LocalLibrary

This way the parts template will be copied to every new project's local files folder and you won't have to publish it to each project from the Parts Editor.

Hope it helps,

Erez.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report