Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green Stormwater Extension

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Eric_Chappell
903 Views, 14 Replies

Green Stormwater Extension

Interested in everyone's thoughts on this extension. Please watch the video and share.

Eric Chappell
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Eh, kinda on the fence with this one. Are there really that many "green" runoff buildings being constructed these days?

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 15

Todd, green roofs are just one example of the tool... or are you saying you don't see much green stormwater (or LID) in general?  What about bioretention, permeable pavement, and maybe rainwater harvesting?

Charlie Ogden, PE
Product Manager
Message 4 of 15

I guess I am just wanting to see stuff in InfraWorks that is more usable.  For example, we need cul-de-sacs and knuckles.  I honeslty don't see any use for this plug-in.  Yes, it is cool and could be useful, but not as useful as other funtionality that is missing.  @Eric_Chappell posted on here some time back as to what we, as users, would like to see in the software.  There are are some good ideas on there.

Todd Rogers
Message 5 of 15

@ToddRogers-WPM, are you referring to the IdeaStation?

Eric Chappell
Message 6 of 15

That might have actually been the "what animated models would you like to see" thread.  Or maybe it was the Rolling Sandbox.  It's been a while so forgive me for my bad memory 🙂

Todd Rogers
Message 7 of 15
tony1978
in reply to: Eric_Chappell

Seems simple. Does it create reports? I had a few projects with permeable pavement and bio-retention. 

Tony Carcamo

President/Owner

Civil CAD Learning Solutions

DFW BIM Infrastructure User Group

LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | DFWBIUG |User Group

Message 8 of 15
roskirko

I tested it last year and also ran the new 2016 360 version.

I do like what it does but I would like the interface "wording/labeling" to be more intuitive and for the entry of data simplified. For example: for the GSI BMP Designer; instead of having to type in the names of the buildings etc. that have been defined earler as site features (these get strange names such as Building_298 automatically), why not get a pull down list to choose the contributing drainage areas from?

Geographic Information Systems
Fanshawe College
Message 9 of 15
fcernst
in reply to: Charlie.Ogden

Yes LID is very important now. We are having to implement the use of Pavers, Rain Gardens, Grass Buffer Strips, Grass Swale Sedimentation Facilities, Sedimentation Basins, etc  on our sites now. 

Not sure what design methodology you are using, but to be useful to us it would have to follow the UDFCD Volume 3 drainage criteria.

http://udfcd.org/volume-three

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 10 of 15
JasonArtley
in reply to: fcernst

As a LEED AP myself, I find this functionality pretty exciting! However, I rarely (never) get to work on "Green" projects these days. The video was a nice demonstration, and it looks easy to use. Easier than mobility simulation or other "plug in" features. 

I also agree that more "useful" features would be a better use of development time. Cul-de-sacs, idea station items, curb ramps, etc. The things that we're likely to encounter on a higher percentage of our products.

Thanks for sharing this Eric!

Message 11 of 15
ChrisRS
in reply to: JasonArtley

Interesting. This seems like design, thus it is too bad that it is not in Civil3D.

Christopher Stevens
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 12 of 15
tony1978
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

I agree with Todd. 

Tony Carcamo

President/Owner

Civil CAD Learning Solutions

DFW BIM Infrastructure User Group

LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | DFWBIUG |User Group

Message 13 of 15
fcernst

I disagree with Tony. LID is big now.

This should continue to be developed per my suggestion.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 14 of 15
Nicola_Ianeselli
in reply to: fcernst

Hi @Eric_Chappell,

what is the status of it now??

I think that, if we are keeping an eye on the future, this will be very important in helping forecasting different projects.

Of course there are other things going on, but to keep IW360 up to date with green policies, in my humble opinion that's a great idea.

Best

Nicola

Message 15 of 15

I'm not able to download green stormwater infrastructure extension in 2024 model.its showing up error.please help me with this

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report