Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flood Simulation Failed

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
758 Views, 5 Replies

Flood Simulation Failed

Hi,

I am using Infraworks 2018 to simulate a flood condition using RiverFlow2D plugin. First i build a Infraworks model using model builder and used the flood simulation to define the area of concern and inlet and outlet. after running the simulation it failed.

Can you suggest why it failed. I am using trial version of Riverflow2D plugin. I am attaching some screenshots.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
roskirko
in reply to: Anonymous

Perhaps you need to update the version of Infraworks to 2020 assuming the RiverFlow 2D module trial period is still valid. 

By the way, the volume of flow used would empty Lake Ontario in less than a 100 days. That is alot of water!

Geographic Information Systems
Fanshawe College
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: roskirko

Hi @roskirko,

I have also used the Infraworks 2020 with Riverflow2D plugin but it is also failing.

The discharge used was just a sample discharge to see if the procedure works.

Message 4 of 6
roskirko

Check with Hydronia since Riverflow 2D may be Infraworks version specific.

Geographic Information Systems
Fanshawe College
Message 5 of 6
Charlie.Ogden

Is there an error message when it fails?  There's usually a message that says to check the log for details.

The InfraWorks log file (Settings and Utilities > Message Log) will at least tell you the folder it is writing Flood Simulation data to.  In that folder there may be another log if RiverFlow2D failed.

Charlie Ogden, PE
Product Manager
Message 6 of 6
hbajana

Does Anyone was able to fix this?
I look after the log file and only says 
"debug: RiverFLO-2D running Failed"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report