Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draw order in infraworks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
L3GO-Ed
2159 Views, 6 Replies

Draw order in infraworks

Hello Experts,

Does infraworks have a draw order issue?

I imported a C3D dwg. With corridor surfaces to model my Road model. I then added a shapefile to depict streams crossing the road. I then them edited the elevations of one of the streams using the Gizmo vertices to have placed at a lower elevation.

Frustratingly, the stream now flows over the road and it seems to have dragged the road surface down with it. I have failed to get it beneath the road surface. Any help will highly be appreciated.

Ediriisa W
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: L3GO-Ed

Hi,

>> Does infraworks have a draw order issue?

Infraworks does not have a draworder like known from AutoCAD. It's visualization depends only on the elevation (Z-value) of faces.

>> Frustratingly, the stream now flows over the road

The rule can't be that water is always lower than a road, otherwise you would not be able to build tunnels (where the road has to be lower than the surface).

The chance you have is to set all to correct elevations.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7

Like the draworder operation, you can move entire datasources up and down in the visability order.  Select "Build, manage, analyze" option (orange I button), select "Manage and Create"(square cube), select "Surface Layers" option.  move Layers uop and down as needed to put water under coverages, painted lines above pavement etc..

Message 4 of 7

Hi,

>> Like the draworder operation, you can move entire datasources up and down in the visability order [...]

>> [...´] move Layers uop and down as needed to put water under coverages

Maybe I miss an option, but IMHO you can't move the visibility of a tree to "behind the surface" as the tree stands on top of the surface (based on geometry/elevation/z value), or a building at elevation 200-210 can't be hidden behind a surface with elevation 200.

The dialog which I understand you mean can only adjust an order within a group, but you can't (looking as example to that screenshot) push the "roads" item in the group "Roads and Railways" in the visibility order below of imaginery of the group "Ground Imaginery & Coverages"

20170417_095927.png

Also a handicap in that dialog: try to create fist a (sketched) coverage and (second) a sketched water area ... try now to push the second object below if the first object in that dialog. I can't, it's the order of creation.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 7
BrianHailey
in reply to: L3GO-Ed

In my experience, data sets that imported into the model are always "drawn behind" features that are created in the model. I wanted to import some .sdf files out of Civil 3D (representing parking striping) and have that be on top of the coverage area for the parking lot (which I created in InfraWorks) but I was unable to do it as the created coverage area always displayed on top of the imported coverage area.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 6 of 7

You can check on this one:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/infraworks-ideas/possibility-to-choose-draw-order-in-iw/idi-p/7037841

Best

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button

Nicola Ianeselli
BIM Manager

Twitter | LinkedIn

Infraworks Ambassador

Want to present in Infraworks? Vote this up!

Message 7 of 7
tamtvd
in reply to: Nicola_Ianeselli

Hi,

I've just access your link, but there's no solution there . Any help please

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report