Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coordinate issues when importing infraowkrs 2019.3 to civil 3d 2019

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
james.sharma
603 Views, 2 Replies

Coordinate issues when importing infraowkrs 2019.3 to civil 3d 2019

Hi guys, 

another day another query:) 

I have already trolled through the forums and tried various things but i can seem to work out how to solve the issue during opening infraworks file on civil 3d. I can import this via exporting the infraworks file into imx but does not like it when opening the file directly from civil 3d. It gives my an error of 

"The current cor-ordinate system is not compatible with the model. The infraworks model you are opening may be outside the extents of the coordinate systems". 

I have already tried loading a new model on infraworks and importing this, restarting the app, checking the co-ordinate system on both the softwares but dosent seem to help with this issues. Would be grateful if you could point me to the right direction on this issue. 

Thanks

James.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
james.sharma
in reply to: james.sharma

Sorry answering my own question here now 🙂 

I have manged to find an answer to this well kinds off. When i change the the infraworks model back to AASHTO metric 2011 and change the country kits to none, it seems to open the file on civil 3d no issue. Obviously if using the country kit standard road builder then issues arises. Maybe there is another work around for this without needing to change the country kits. 

Message 3 of 3

Hi @james.sharma ,

interesting, it seems as if you have found a workaround for this know issue.
It only happens in InfraWorks 2019.3 with newly created models. Upgraded models work fine as far as I know.
The issue is documented in the knowledge base here:
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/article/Error-Coordinate-systems-are-not-compatible-when-trying-to-ope...

Regards,

Karsten

Karsten Saenger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report