Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[component roads] Problem with lane height

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1056 Views, 9 Replies

[component roads] Problem with lane height

Hello,

I am trying to learn how to use Autodesk Infrawork 360 (i'm still a newbie), and i encountered a problem in components road. I created a new component road (i took one of the premade sections) and put on my terrain. I immediately noticed that sidewalks are at the same level as the lane, although I can see the height of these objects (as you can see on my screenshot i attached). Is there a way to fix this? I tried to search on my own about this and as a result I didn't find anything. Thanks and sorry about my english, it's not my main language.

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
roskirko
in reply to: Anonymous

Perhaps this is occurring visually due to the "view" you are in. Try switching to the Conceptual View (i.e. do not use the "Engineering View").

Geographic Information Systems
Fanshawe College
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: roskirko

i tried to change it in conceptual view, and it just changged some rendering settings (it just hid the height of the bumped objects under the terrain). It didn't actually bump the component sidewalks. i would liketo see the sidewalk on a different depth level of the lane

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: roskirko

edit. sorry for double post, i don't know how to remove it

Message 5 of 10
ocastaneda

Do you speak English? I can help you with a screencast video but I'd like to know if you understand English enough to make it short and with sound, otherwise will me mute but longer... 

What version of Infraworks are you using? Have you downloaded and installed Infraworks 2018? it was released this past week... 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: ocastaneda

I can understand english so a screencast would be much appreciated! Anyway i'm using the 2017 version 17.3.133.0 (but i can update it if it's necessary).

Thanks for the help

Message 7 of 10
ocastaneda

Sorry for the delay bud, is Sunday: Family time...

So here is the link to the screencast, please let me know if this solves your issue and if you need more help. If it works, please accept it as a valid solution... if not, I will share with you other options. 

Thanks man... 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

I tried both procedure you told me and both worked. Unfortunately i need to use the component as the road structure that i need to make is complicated and i got some problems with the intersections (the attached image shows the result with the design road method on a nearly done structure). I succeded to recreate that with the component road as you showed me.

The only thing that is left , but for me it's not so important, is that i couldn't find how to lower the secondary road near the sidewalk to match the main road level (in both the procedures), as you can see on the screenshot. if you know something for that, please let me know. if not, i'll just put your last answer as solution (i don't know if that would close the post, so i'll wait).

Thank you so much for the help you gave me!

Message 9 of 10
ocastaneda

Give me a couple of days and I'll show you how as I'm not near to my pc. Regardless, how are you managing your profiles at the intersection crossing? And remember you can create from scratch your typical sections in IW, so there are more alternatives.

If you accept the solution, the post will not close, you or I or anyone else can keep contributing.

Sent from my iPhone
Oscar Castaneda
P.E.
Infrastructure Engineers, Inc.
Phone: +1.888.451.6822 x2238
Email: ocastaneda@go-iei.com

This email and any attachments are intended only for the recipient(s) to whom this email is addressed and may contain confidential or proprietary information. If you are not a named recipient, you are hereby notified that you are not permitted to read, print, disseminate, distribute, copy, or otherwise use this email or any attachments. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this email and permanently delete the original and any copy of this email and any attachment.
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

I have only 2 types of intersection on my project. The first, the big one [first reference image], is just empty asphalt all over the intersection. At the beginning i tried with design road, but the results were awful [second image], while using the component roads i am managing to get a better crossing (still got some problems, probably due to the different lane levels [third image], or because i mispleaced something, i need to check it out better)

The second type of intersection is smaller and it will use just the service road and should be not a problem for components road (didn't try, but i'm sure it's easy).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report