Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CityGML vs IMX - IFW 2019

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
lucdoucet_msdl
874 Views, 2 Replies

CityGML vs IMX - IFW 2019

I have large CityGML files I would like to import to a local (i.e. not cloud hosted) empty IFW project.

The current Infraworks help item on importing CityGML (11 Jul 2018) indicates that it will accept the .CITYGML.GML and .XML files if the free FME CityGML file importer is installed.

When attempting to link a file, an error message indicates that the import feature is no longer supported and file must be manually converted to IMX.

Are both workflows available in Infraworks 2019 or is the help file incorrect?

How can I check if the FME converter has been properly installed?

I am currently running IFW version 19.1.37.0 and FME Desktop 2018.1.0.1 (Build 18528 - win64)

Luc

Error message received:

IFW_CityGML_error.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi @lucdoucet_msdl

the FME translator for CityGML files is an external program and cannot be started from InfraWorks.

Navigate to C:\Users\<<USER>>\Documents\FME\Workspaces\Autodesk_Workspaces

You should have been provided with workspace files from Safe Software and copied those into that folder.

Right click on CityGML_To_IMX.fmw and select "Run with FME Quick Translator"

2018-08-15_1001.png 

2018-08-15_1001_001.png

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 3 of 3

Karsten,

Thanks for the help with the external converter.

I understand then that the Autodesk help section on CityGML is incorrect in it's workflow and that all CityGML files must be externally converted to IMX, and the IMX import workflow be used. In other words, IFW does not support local imports of CityGML files.

Luc

IFW_CityGML_Help.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report