Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the aerial images be faded in Infraworks?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
DaneMartin
1048 Views, 4 Replies

Can the aerial images be faded in Infraworks?

Is there a way to fade an aerial image in InfraWorks the same way you do in Civil3D?  I created some snap shots of a few proposals in Infraworks for a meeting and the comment that kept coming back was to fade the aerial so the proposed roads stand out more.  Any ideas or do I need to post this as an idea?  The engineering view is a good fade, but it makes everything transparent.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SethHall
in reply to: DaneMartin

You can control the Surface Opacity, which is what you are seeing in Engineering View, but you can edit it further than the default settings: http://help.autodesk.com/view/INFMDR/ENU/?guid=GUID-7EA8F78C-CCDE-47C9-8D62-61B1DE5AA609

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 5
Carrillof
in reply to: DaneMartin

you can change and configure a workspace and make it stand out and transparency11.PNG

Message 4 of 5
ocastaneda
in reply to: Carrillof

Hi @DaneMartin

There are a couple of ways to accomplish this within Infraworks, that I have found working on this. Here is a screencast where I share what I do when in need to make my aerial images clearer: 

http://autode.sk/2fTh3Tp

I hope this helps bud!!!

If you find this answer helpful please click the ACCEPT solution and/or if you like my answer please click on the KUDOS button... 

Oscar Castaneda

Transportation Designer / P.E.

Infraworks Ambassador

Message 5 of 5
DaneMartin
in reply to: ocastaneda

Thanks, Oscar.  The gradient trick and adjusting the view setting will get me the look I need for the snap shots.  Thanks for taking the time to create a Screencast.

Dane

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report