Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Camera View

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
jaronkDDX26
971 Views, 12 Replies

360 Camera View

I wanted to take some images from several viewpoints of my infraworks model. There are about 22 spots where I want to take several photos all from a single human POV. Is there a way to rotate the camera or a way to navigate with the camera to produce these photos? For what I know the camera rotation is always focused on just the middle of the screen and the scrolling of the camera is way too fast to quickly set up the photos

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
andrewofabley
in reply to: jaronkDDX26

@jaronkDDX26 

So to be clear, you want to create 360 degree panoramas at 22 set locations?

AEC Collection / Safe FME / ESRI ArcGIS / Unreal Engine
Digital Engineering Lead, Compulsive Problem Solver.
Message 3 of 13
jaronkDDX26
in reply to: andrewofabley

Yes that's correct but I'm aware there's no panorama feature so I was wondering if there's just an easier way to navigate the camera and take screenshots to mimic the effect

Message 4 of 13
andrewofabley

There was an easy way of doing panos via the web model. Do you want something more sophisticated?

The camera can be controlled by an external JSON file in the storyboard.

In theory, setting field of view to 90 degrees (or 120), then rotating the camera direction 4x or 3x would do it.

You coul render that to a video file, and then scrubbing the time slider would rotate your Pano - otherwise you could capture statistic images and join em after.

With JSON you could automate this for each location.

I've certainly used this method when I had to place the camera precisely.

AEC Collection / Safe FME / ESRI ArcGIS / Unreal Engine
Digital Engineering Lead, Compulsive Problem Solver.
Message 5 of 13

@jaronkDDX26 I am sure you can have script to move the camera to desired location and elevation, I also have script to batch generate screen shots from bookmarks. Will those work?

Regards,

Ramesh S
Product Manager - Infrastructure Solutions

Ramesh.Sridharan@autodesk.com

Ramesh Sridharan
Product Manager
Message 6 of 13

That is a useful script to have as well! If you don't mind sharing I would love to use it

Message 7 of 13

Here you go. As always, please use the scripts carefully and take back up of your model, if needed./

Batch Snapshot Script:

https://myshare.autodesk.com/:u:/g/personal/ramesh_sridharan_autodesk_com/EZ2u5jpq5ktIrI-3tI9jHU4Bxj...

https://myshare.autodesk.com/:u:/g/personal/ramesh_sridharan_autodesk_com/EeQzphh6eUZKqTUwnA9hmKABsd...

Move to Elevation Script:

https://myshare.autodesk.com/:u:/g/personal/ramesh_sridharan_autodesk_com/EQwYEDGTX7tIgBddQFx35doBWL...

https://myshare.autodesk.com/:u:/g/personal/ramesh_sridharan_autodesk_com/Ebri8qqi53VDvkXkjFYbv2QBiv...

Regards,

Ramesh S

Ramesh Sridharan
Product Manager
Message 8 of 13

Hi Ramesh, Can you repost links above for Batch Scripts ? I tried to access but it looks like they might have expired.

Thanks

Shane Hollander

Message 9 of 13

@shollander2KBE7, Please email me (ramesh.sridharan@autodesk.com) and I will send it as attachments. Thanks,

Regards,

Ramesh S

Ramesh Sridharan
Product Manager
Message 10 of 13

HiRamesh, will you mind share the scripts with me as well? Thank you 

Message 11 of 13

I tried stitching screenshots from infraworks to panoramas but it was lots of work.

It was easier to take the model to twinmotion, it has built in panorama export.

Message 12 of 13
tony1978

In the storyboard, you can do a 360 degree video rotation view. Is that what you are looking for?

In the storyboard, you can use the Add Look Around feature. 

2024-04-30_01-01-07.png

If you want just simple render snapshots then like everyone else pointed out you can create bookmarks.

Tony Carcamo

President/Owner

Civil CAD Learning Solutions

DFW BIM Infrastructure User Group

LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | DFWBIUG |User Group

Message 13 of 13
lim.wendy

Hi Jaron,

Thanks for reaching out to the forum. Have you had a chance to look over Tony's suggestions?

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

If the suggestions helped you, please hit the "Accept Solution" button, as it helps make the solution easier to find for others who might have the same issue. Knowing which topics are solved or not can also help our many users find the questions that still need to be answered. It’s also a great way to say thank you and give recognition to whoever helped you. 

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Rails Summit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report