Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My list of New Features Needed

My list of New Features Needed

Here is my list for new features that InfraWorks 360 needs.

• ADA sidewalk ramp features with at least 5 different types
  • ADA ramp with handrails. 
  • trenching quantities for piping
  • pipe anchoring underneath bridges
  • dissiapator blocks at headwalls with concrete apron
  • profile of a storm culvert
  • fire hydrant hose lay analysis tool. Dispays radius zone. Location of fire hydrants is very important. 
  • analysis tool for ADA access route around a surface
  • Bridge export to Revit
  • dual stage segmental retaining walls where i can set height and distance from each other.
  • need typical curb inlets part for storm
  • need wye connection parts for piping
7 Comments
Eric_Chappell
Community Manager

Hi Tony,

Can you please enter these as individual ideas so that they can be tracked and voted on as single ideas?

Thanks.

AdammReilly
Collaborator

I'd like to see a ramp designer; instead of differentiating types of ramps hard coded in, create something that can be selected on placement, or even using conditionals to decide what type to use in what situation (if attaching to driveway, sidewalk should be flush through, or at an intersection, it should be a particular municaplity style, etc.)

I would add a switchback ramp to the ADA ramp with handrails line.

I am on board with the fire hydrant analysis tools. I'd like to see a fire lane that can be created as part of a sites drive lanes and incorporated into that analysis. Hose lay is generally taken from the edge of the fire lane around the buildings.

scunningham
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

C3D_TomR
Collaborator

@tony1978 and @AdammReilly,

I created an idea specific to the ADA ramp topic and posted it here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/infraworks-360-ideastation/ada-ramps-and-crosswalks-in-infraworks/idi-...

I'll add a link to reference this idea in the comment section of the idea that I posted.

Please add kudos to my idea if you like it and add any additional comments that you might have. Since it's specific to the ramps and sidewalks, I think it'll be easier for Autodesk to track than when combined with the additional requests in the original post on this idea.

Thank you.

--Tom

Eric_Chappell
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Hi @tony1978, If you could break these up into individual ideas as requested, we can start moving them through validation and possibly acceptance and implementation.

Thanks!

scunningham
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

scunningham
Autodesk

Archived ideas are not be considered for implementation at this time.

This was a particularly tough call because it has a lot of support (24 votes - nice!). If we could implement everything we would, but sometimes we have to make hard choices and pass on ideas that are great, but have a low strategic fit. Thanks for taking the time to share the idea and to generate support for it.

Ed note: Bridge to Revit, however, was implemented in 2017.1 (April 2016). 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report