Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vehicle Animation within Infraworks

Vehicle Animation within Infraworks

What would be great is to have some vehicle animation tools within Infraworks. Basically a simplified version of civil view from 3DS Max.

Have a dialog box with options to choose a path (road or design road) or be able to draw a (transparent?) path. Be able to select vehicle(s) and then offset and rotatioon along with frequency (single, multiple intervals, speed, loop). Also have a timer so that the animation can be set to pause for a short period of time and then carries on.

Cheers,

James

6 Comments
Eduardo.Soethe
Advisor
scunningham
Autodesk

Thanks for the suggestion. Eduardo links to an idea about being able to render a video of the traffic simulation animation, but it sounds like your idea could potentially be different. The Traffic Simulation functionality does animate traffic flow, and I'm curious what it's lacking to make it a good substitute?

Eduardo.Soethe
Advisor

I make a note to do by simulation and paths!

CADmonkey77
Explorer

What I was more focusing on was animation used for stakeholder feedback and consultations rather than traffic simulations. Such as bringing in a centre line from vehicle tracking and using that to animate a car/truck/bus and being able to highlight areas where the vehicle clashes with a kerb or encroaches onto the other side of the road. Also for animation that is outside of the road parameters for example a tank performing a training exercise in a field.

ramesh_sridharan
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration
ramesh_sridharan
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report