Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool for creating custom categories and custom attributes within InfraWorks

Tool for creating custom categories and custom attributes within InfraWorks

Hi,

The built in categories and attributes in InfraWorks does not meet my requirements when using InfraWorks 360 as a collaboration tool for large projects. My workflow now is to use different editor tools outside of InfraWorks to create the "im.schema.json" file, but this workflow is not ideal and once the new categories are implemented, changing or removing them demands lots of work.

I want to be able to add custom categories and attributes "on the fly" within InfraWorks, just as you would create a new layer in AutoCAD. This could be a tool within model explorer but also available when importing content.

4 Comments
John_DeLeeuw
Advisor

@Anonymous, this idea is actually the same as mine here.

There is already a separate InfraWorks Schema Editor (InfraWorksDataModelEditor.exe) available for you to download but still I agree this should be added into the existing UI.

From the post of @lippola:

Here is the application.

https://autodesk.box.com/s/eehttmh7i8njqbyg3b09

Here is a video that goes over the basics of the JSON file and the editor.

https://autodesk.box.com/s/bcxw0yp2q8ecob6p3rsd

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi John, sorry about that, I didn't see your post before I posted mine.

I have this tool, but it is outdated and do not include the new categories implemented in InfraWorks the last year. Anyways it would be better to do this inside InfraWorks. I'll be sure to give you a kudos for your post. 🙂

John_DeLeeuw
Advisor

@Anonymous, no problem Smiley Wink, I'll do the same here for your idea and hope we get this implemented soon!

ramesh_sridharan
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

@Anonymous @John_DeLeeuw 

Thanks for the idea. This idea was implemented a few releases back and I hope it satisfies the request. Let's communicate if something more needs to be done here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report