Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to add text objects

Option to add text objects

In regards of presenting design alternatives it would be very useful to add some text on surfaces, coverages, etc..

Decision makers can immediately see what´s the purpose of appropriate areas; for instance areas for building site equipment, nature reserve,...

From my point of view beside tooltips customers would benefit from adding text to objects.

6 Comments
KPerison
Collaborator

It would be great if we could add Geo located text labels that could stand vertical, lay flat on the surface or hover at a specified height.  These labels should be able to rotate freely to always face the camera/model view or be anchored in place or flip 180 degrees if view rotates past the view angle.  Please check out these video flythroughs created by another software as an example. 

https://www.youtube.com/WhitehorseCorridorUpgrade

Eric_Chappell
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

Reviewing this with the product team to determine if it's on the roadmap.

Eric_Chappell
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

KPerison
Collaborator

FYI, the same type of comment (to always face the camera view) should really be an option to apply to all 2or3d objects.  Namely trees, this would reduce model sizes drastically and allow a denser forested areas.

As you can see in the video link from my previous comment, all the trees shown are 2d trees that continually rotate to face the camera. Somehow this approach looks more realistic to me than the full 3d trees.

lippola
Alumni

Hey KPerison,

right now we are working on labelling, annotations and measurements which all can be placed at point, a line, an object & draped to the terrain or even flying above the model.

So stay tuned and check the sandbox releases.

If you want to have a chat about the stuff we are doing and provide feedback, let me know and we can set something up. it would be valuable for us.

thx

Andreas

KPerison
Collaborator

Andreas,

I would be available to chat either today (07/14) to tommorow or after 07/19.  Just DM me and we can organize a time slot.

Kelly

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report