Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intersection components & Styles

Intersection components & Styles

Intersections remain to be a challenge. Many times the connecting roads don't form an intersection properly and I get a mess of twisted roadway/sidewalk etc. I think a simple solution to this is to just have an Intersection be a component itself, to which we could then have better control, such as:

1) Control over turn lanes, control their length and improve lane transitions

2) Control lane linestyles better

3) Control Lane arrows and symbology

4) Add crosswalk striping and sidewalk sloping option to the sidewalk at the crosswalk

5) Add Signals and signage more easily

6) I'm sure this would help greatly for Traffic simulation 

7) Enable multiple styles of intersections that could then be changed on the fly

😎 Enable medians to be a component and customized as well

Make it simple to add, drop and position the intersection, to which the road components would attach too, instead of getting the roads criss-crossed and wigged out as they tend to do.

5 Comments
alexey.kurenkov
Advisor

We need the ability to disrupt the regulatory rules if necessary. 

oriole.phillips
Advocate

Yes, I have been suggesting this for quite a while. Not enough options in Infraworks to produce a great visual for the client with out huge work arounds and customizing.

jrouseAQJS8
Participant

You likely tried this, but when I see intersections like the one pictured above, I usually convert to component roads, and that clears it up.  But judging by the date of this post, that may not have even been an option when it was originally created. 

I echo the desire to have intersections be their own "thing".  The control of their styling is horrendous currently.  I have a model where the style is set by one parking lane style.  It's odd behavior and I can't solve.  

ramesh_sridharan
Autodesk

Hi @David.Hepp @jrouseAQJS8 @oriole.phillips @alexey.kurenkov 

We are actively looking into this lane marking stylization feature now and would like to have a quick session to each one of you to make sure we are on the same page on specifications. Can you please reach out to me (ramesh.Sridharan@autodesk.com) to have a session to discuss?

Thanks,

ramesh_sridharan
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report