Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choose Direction of any lane Forward/Backward

Choose Direction of any lane Forward/Backward

Right now, when making a component road, any lane to one side of a "centre-line" has traffic flow in one direction while those lanes on the other side of a "centreline" have traffic going in the opposite direction.

One problem is that when creating a multi-lane one way road, the "centre-line" is actually at the edge of the road. 

Another problem occurs when a central Light Rail transit line, for example, is in the central section of a roadway, the lane directions are very difficult to inter-mix.

The idea is to allow the designer to choose the traffic flow direction of each lane independent of where the "centre-line" is drawn.

8 Comments
gchakri
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted

@roskirko: Thanks for the suggestion. This was in fact on our roadmap and considered for style based roads. Too bad couldn't make it in. Now that we have a component road method matured, we will pick this up soon and provide a solution and share the roadmap some time near future.

Cadguru42
Advisor

I hope this can be done soon. As of now, I don't see how InfraWorks can model one-way roads at all correctly, let alone a divided highway. 

Any change there is a solution for this now or alternative way to do it ?

Mflickinger
Observer

Just got Infraworks (2019) for the first time, and 10 minutes after making my first model this came up as a problem 😞

When is a fix coming?

awkeller88
Advocate
mzjensen
Advocate

We're on 2020.1 now and still dealing with the issue. This makes modeling any one-way road (eg. on- and off-ramps) a big headache. Any updates?

DaneMartin
Advocate

I have the same issue in 2022 version.  Is there any type of work around for the median lane marking?  See image.

NoEditsToMedianLaneMarkings.JPG

awkeller88
Advocate

The only real workaround I know for this is a combination of inserting medians and creative alignment centerline switching through an intersection, which is as gross as it sounds.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report