Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wetland Areas

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
BrianHailey
1007 Views, 3 Replies

Wetland Areas

So I have digitized a wetland area in Civil 3D (I could get better images using BING for digitizing then what I could get in AIM). What I would like to do with those areas is bring them into AIM and have them display as water with cattails (I have a cattail .skp file). My problem is, when I bring them in, I can't get the vegetation to fill in the area, it only puts in one cattail. How do I configure the data to be an area of vegetation?

On another note, perhaps I could approach this in a different manner, is there any way to add 3D models to a water area for vegetation purposes?

Here's a Chronical of what I was doing: https://chronicle.autodesk.com/Main/Details/7957dbdf-b784-4b16-b2d9-be037dc7853d 

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Brian,

your steps are all correct, there is just one step/setting missing: "object spacing" define the spacing between the individual instances (either on the table tab during data import/refresh or in the feature propety explorer); and to place them in a more random fashion (not exactly on a grid) you also want to set the "object spacing variance" (0 => place them on a regular grid; 1 => place them randomly within the polygon; values in between interpolates between grid placement and random placement).

Konstantin.B
Software Architect
Message 3 of 4

If you double click one of the trees you should get the slider bar that will appear.  Try and see if you can make it more dense by using the slider bar.  If not, then you will have to do what konstantin suggested.   Personally I haven't tested out the rules on doing what you are doing yet.  Just wanted to throw the "slider bar" out there to see if it will work.  Let us know!

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 4

Kanstantin,

Perfect! Worked like a charm!

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report