Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Open Model

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Alina_Yusupova
1445 Views, 11 Replies

Unable to Open Model

My InfraWorks Model do not open today. In the screen message - Unable to Open Model.

Снимоцк.PNG

How to open this model?

Alina Yusupova
Head of BIM department Institute "Mosinzhproekt"

Expert Elite Member
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

@Alina_Yusupova, can you try and start InfraWorks 360 with Administrator rights and see what happens then?

• Run InfraWorks as Administrator: Right mouse click on the desktop shortcut for InfraWorks 360 -> select Run as Administrator

If that doesn't help, then I suggest deleting your Local Cache folder and download your Cloud version again.

John de Leeuw
Senior Consultant

Community Ambassador - Twitter - LinkedIn

Message 3 of 12
Matt__W
in reply to: Alina_Yusupova

You can try to recover the model first.

If that doesn't work, to expand on what @John_DeLeeuw mentioned about deleting your locally cached model.... to find your model's local cache location simply hover over the cloud icon, note the file location, close InfraWorks and delete that entire folder (the one the just numbers. In my case it was located in folder 112924).

IW_Local_Model.png

Open InfraWorks again and re-download the cloud model.

IW_Cloud_Model.png

IW_Cloud_Download.PNG

Additional info about deleting the model can be found here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/infraworks-360-infratips/how-to-delete-an-infraworks-model/ba-p/590036...

Matt Wunch
Revit Subject Matter Expert/sUAS Pilot

Twitter | LinkedIn

AU2017 - Code Blue Dr Revit - How to Resuscitate Corrupt Revit Models

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button.

Message 4 of 12
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: Matt__W

Hello @Alina_Yusupova

for unknown reason the "config" files in your model went corrupted. If you open it in a text editor you will see a number of cryptic symbols. It should be a text file.
You can replace the config files of your local model with those of your cloud model to be able to open the local model without errors.

• ..\Model.files\.git\config
  • ..\Model.files\unver\.git\config

A reconnection to/refreshing of each data source might be needed to load all data source information again.

Regards,

Karsten

Karsten Saenger
Message 5 of 12

I opened my model (in home computer, than copied to computer in the work).

But now is problem - my model dont open in other computers. I must to send this to clients, but they cant open. I tried to send local model and to share cloud molel. 

Alina Yusupova

Expert Elite Member
Message 6 of 12

@Alina_Yusupova, you can share your Cloud model with clients without opening it. Check this page for the Collaboration workflow.

You just need to add your clients email address (that they used with their Autodesk ID) to the Model Group in which your InfraWorks 360 model is generated. Click Done to send an email invitation to each new user. A notice is displayed on InfraWorks 360 Home. Users must accept the invitation to join the group and download your model.

John de Leeuw
Senior Consultant

Message 7 of 12

I know about it, worked many time with cloud models.

User got invitation, and model appears in his program, but didnt open. 

Alina Yusupova

Expert Elite Member
Message 8 of 12

@Alina_Yusupova, then I suggest you duplicate your home model or the model version you are still able to open on any PC and publish/sync that again to the same Collaboration Group.

You can Duplicate an existing cloud model, which creates a local, disconnected copy of that model.

Hope this can help you?

2016-08-26_10-11-45.jpg

John de Leeuw
Senior Consultant

Message 9 of 12
tsausaky
in reply to: Alina_Yusupova

Hello. I ve got the same problem. When try to open model from cloud, it starts to download and after 1%  writes "Unable to open the model" 

Tryied to re-instal 3 times, nothing helps. On my other computers everything is fine

Message 10 of 12
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: tsausaky

Hi @tsausaky

what version of InfraWorks are you working with?

Can it be that the cloud model was created with a newer version of the program?

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 11 of 12
tsausaky
in reply to: Karsten.Saenger

I use 17.3.133.0 version.

Today i tried to reinstall and my installation process stops on Setup initialization. Firewall and antivirus disabled. Opened like admin

Message 12 of 12
Nicola_Ianeselli
in reply to: tsausaky

Hi @Alina_Yusupova,

were you able to make any progress, have you tried sharing the model with your clients (or on another computer) manually, and then open it through Infraworks.

Does it happen with every model?

Hi @tsausaky,

did it work?? Were you able to install IW and get it working?

Try this:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Installation-hang-on-ini...

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button

Nicola Ianeselli
BIM Manager

Twitter | LinkedIn

Infraworks Ambassador

Want to present in Infraworks? Vote this up!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report