Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Model from Model Builder

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
meichnerb
289 Views, 7 Replies

Local Model from Model Builder

Was using 123D catch to make make models from photos but Autodesk advised me to use Remake instead.  So after loading Remake last month I made a couple of test models.  Now I returned from Europe with new photos to create new models but when I click on Remake it won't work unless I choose to download Infraworks 360 which I did and it's a totally different looking application and not sure how it works.  I don't see where I can load my pictures to create a model from photos or if it even performs that function.  I would really appreciate some help, thanks.

Best regards,

Blair 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Matt__W
in reply to: meichnerb

InfraWorks isn't the application to use to create a model from photos - ReMake is, as you already know. InfraWorks is for preliminary civil/site design.

After you installed InfraWorks did you try ReMake again?? You might get a better response if you post in the ReMake forums.

Matt Wunch
Revit Subject Matter Expert/sUAS Pilot

Twitter | LinkedIn

AU2017 - Code Blue Dr Revit - How to Resuscitate Corrupt Revit Models

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button.

Message 3 of 8
Karsten.Saenger

Hi @meichnerb

other than ReMake you can also process a 3D model from photos with Recap 360: https://recap360.autodesk.com/

I haven't heard of Remake demanding for InfraWorks yet as you state "Remake - it won't work unless I choose to download Infraworks 360".

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 4 of 8
meichnerb
in reply to: Karsten.Saenger

Hi Karsten,
Infraworks 360 is what loaded when I chose “yes” to the Remake upgrade during start up, and “no” dropped the application, so not able to launch Remake. Can’t launch without closing yes or no. Other bloggers posted the same problem but no solution other than some say it went away on it’s own with no explanation. I really hope someone can respond with a solution, thanks.
Regard,
Blair
Message 5 of 8
meichnerb
in reply to: Matt__W

Yes, first thing I tried was Remake again and it kept coming up with the
upgrade request. So I tried again clicking yes to the upgrade to see what
happens a second time and it loaded UnfraWorks again.

The Remake blog has other users with the same problem and no solutions. I
submitted a post and so far told they never heard of it happening before.
Message 6 of 8
Karsten.Saenger

Hi,

please follow up the ReMake forum case:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/remake-general-discussion/update-problem-on-remake/m-p/6517309/highlig...

Cheers,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 7 of 8
karthik.nathan

Hi Blair,

Just want to confirm a couple things.

1) Did you already have Infraworks installed on your machine when it prompted you to get Infraworks?

2) Did it prompt you to get Infraworks in another Autodesk app other than ReMake?

Thanks.

-Karthik

Message 8 of 8
meichnerb

Hi Karthic,

No, Infraworks was not already installed, and no, it doesn't prompt me any where else ( 123D Catch).

It's an upgrade prompt (may say Remake upgrade) that shows on Remake when trying to launch Remake.  "Yes" sends you to Infraworks, "no" drops the Remake box, and you can't click on "create a model" in the Remake box, nothing responds in the Remake box.  So you have to click on the upgrade prompt and the only choice is to Click "yes" to the upgrade, which you think you're getting a Remake upgrade, but it goes to Infraworks.

Blair

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report