Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InfraWorks 360

51 REPLIES 51
SOLVED
Message 1 of 52
shamal68salih
3497 Views, 51 Replies

InfraWorks 360

Dear Sir ;

Thanks, I have downloaded the free version of Infraworks 360 after some trail , but I have the following questions:

1- are Infraworks 360 is an proficienal software we can depend on it for rail bridge design?

2- are the 3D image available for all area of the world or this software is prepared just for USA?

3- what is the accuracy of coordinate data in this kind of image ?

4- are this software creating engineering detail drawings for all parts of the bridge ??

5- can we add on-site real engineering survey to some specific area of the image for more elevations accuracy of the design ??

6- can we use Infraworks 360 for both of precast concrete pre-tension and post-tension bridge ?

Best Regards

Labels (1)
51 REPLIES 51
Message 21 of 52

Dear Sir ;

Can we load an TIFF image high resolution(about 156 mb for one image) to InfraWorks 360 ?if yes ,what is the procider of this importing ?

Regards

Message 22 of 52
Carrillof
in reply to: shamal68salih

Can, as long as it is a GeoTiff image, that can be created in Raster Design or inserted directly being Tiff but must be positioned and scaled manually
Message 23 of 52

Hi Nicola;

Can we change the image source fro the model builder in InfraWorks 360 ?,because the software data is not by good quality in all world area , and how we change it ?

Regards

Message 24 of 52

Hi @shamal68salih,

yes you can get a higher quality raster file in your model, just follow this:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/infraworks-360/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/ENU/Inf...

It is very simple 😃

Or you can load an image which is geolocated as @Carrillof was suggesting!

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button

Nicola Ianeselli
BIM Manager

Twitter | LinkedIn

Infraworks Ambassador

Want to present in Infraworks? Vote this up!

Message 25 of 52

Hi @shamal68salih,

this is a procedure for importing images:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/infraworks-360/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/EN...

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button

Nicola Ianeselli
BIM Manager

Twitter | LinkedIn

Infraworks Ambassador

Message 26 of 52

Plenty of good responses on this thread. thanks everyone.  Let me also chime in on the original questions:

1. At the moment, rail design can be done, more at a preliminary design stage, by creating custom component roads with rail related decorations.  That said, InfraWorks carries out super-elevation based on road requirements as opposed to the slightly different requirements for rail.  Bridges can then be modeled in the usual manner. Custom Inventor based bridge components will make a big difference here.  The upcoming InfraWorks 2018.0 will be exposing a new and much simpler workflow to manage custom content.

2. Model Builder's imagery is based on MS Bing.

3 and 5. The imagery is draped over a terrain model. In most cases, the terrain model is really only suitable for early design.  Best to supplement this initial terrain model with project specific survey data (point cloud based etc).

4. A Revit model can easily be created from the InfraWorks model. Select the bridge in InfraWorks and then choose the "Send to Revit" context menu option.  In Revit, rebar can be placed, drawings created etc.  A number of key enhancements will be introduced in the upcoming Revit updates to address rebar modeling and drawing annotations for more geometrically complex models, typical of bridges.

6.  At the moment, the capabilities are better suited for precast/pre-stressed bridges.  The Line Girder analysis cloud service, that leverages Autodesk Structiral Bridge Design, provides some easy to use but nevertheless, pretty detailed design checks to multiple standards.  Custom girders can also be added using the upcoming release's Inventor based content system.  More to come in the future releases for post-tensioned bridges.  

-Ara

PM InfraWorks / Bridges

Autodesk

Ara Ashikian, P.Eng.
PM Bridges / Civil Structures
Message 27 of 52

Dear Nicola ;

Thank you for all your kind replies , But please inform me what is the general image format that is suitable  to be work in InfraWorks 360 to be good elevation accuracy and clear visiblility and to be good for design ,are it is Tiff or what kind ? ,as i want to download the images for my area in other sources because which available in the program is not clear for some area of my location.

Regards

Message 28 of 52

My friend @shamal68salih,

this is the best format https://trac.osgeo.org/geotiff/

I would like to thank @ara.ashikian for always being supportive.

Have a great day

Nicola Ianeselli
BIM Manager

Twitter | LinkedIn

Infraworks Ambassador

Message 29 of 52

Dear Nicola ;

Thanks , but how i can find my location (Sulaimaniyah City-Northern Iraq) among this files ? it is so difficult !
Message 30 of 52

Here you are @shamal68salih,

http://www.omnimap.com/catalog/int/iraq.htm

Nicola Ianeselli
BIM Manager

Twitter | LinkedIn

Infraworks Ambassador

Message 31 of 52

Hi Mr. Nicola ;

I noted that the model builder in Infraworks 360 has about 12 m different with the real elevation in the point: lat:34.6213, lon:45.25 , because the real elevation is 244.50 but in Infrawork is 233.42 

this big different is not suitable for any kind of design ,as i have so accuracy survey for that area by total station instrument .

please can you clarify  for me ?

Regards 

Shamal Salih

Message 32 of 52

Hello my friend @shamal68salih,

sorry for being very late with my reply.

As stated by many in this forum, and I confirm it, the best and most accurate way to get a proper elevation of a certain point, you absolutely need a survey of the area.

Now, there are a lot of ways to get a survey of an area, drone, total station, laser scanning etc.

As stated before, you can find some GeoTiff with a very nice resolution. For example in Miami, where I work, we have a huge amount of data that we can work with.

But, again, surveys are still the best...

At your disposal

Nicola Ianeselli
BIM Manager

Twitter | LinkedIn

Infraworks Ambassador

Message 33 of 52

Hi my friend Nicola ;

Thank you for your kind reply ,

1- Now I have some real survey points for a specific area ,it means that i have to create a terrain in civil 3D and export it to Infrawork 360 and after that working the design in this area ? 

2- can you inform me where i can find those  GeoTiff with a very nice resolution as you mentioned ? because i couldn't found good data even in USGS explorer .

Regards

Message 34 of 52

Hi Nicola ;

In addition to my previous question , Can you extend my register to another 1 month because i couldn't examine most various in the program (Infraworks 360) ,as i couldn't to download civil 3D after too many trail , can you tell me the reasons ?

please kindly Im waiting your soon reply

Best Regards

Message 35 of 52

Hi @shamal68salih,

1 - Yes you have to recreate the terrain in Civil, than you can export it in many ways to Infraworks 360, have a look at the following links on how to do that as a best option:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/infraworks-360/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/ENU/Inf...

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/infraworks-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

2 - I know those for the States! I will try to find the most useful for your location. The problem is only that!

Maybe @elliott.rosenfeld knows more about this.

Best regards

Nicola Ianeselli
BIM Manager

Twitter | LinkedIn

Infraworks Ambassador

Message 36 of 52

Hi @shamal68salih,

this is super obvious, but why can't you download the software?

http://www.autodesk.com/products/autocad-civil-3d/free-trial

Regarding the extension of IW360, I suggest to address the question to Autodesk directly:

https://twitter.com/AutodeskHelp

And here you can find many tutorials about the two softwares:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/getting-started?sort=score&s=infraworks&page...

Best

Nicola Ianeselli
BIM Manager

Twitter | LinkedIn

Infraworks Ambassador

Message 37 of 52
Anonymous
in reply to: shamal68salih

Dear Nicola;

Thanks for your reply , please can you help me in this issue :

for the 1st time i have downloaded Infraworks 360 and Autocad civil 3d 2017 in my computer ,but after some problems in my computer i has formatted my computer and after that i have downloaded the Infraworks for the 2nd time without any problem , but til now after too many trail i couldn't install autocad civil 3d !!! as i have downloaded it in my computer, but when i want to install it ,it show me message no.1 (as per attached) ,and some time allow the extracting ,but in the install processing it show me message no.2.

Regardsno.1.pngno. 2.png

Message 38 of 52
Nicola_Ianeselli
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

is it you @shamal68salih, try the following link which includes everything:

http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/building-design-suite-ultimate

You have to use it in order to optimize inter-operability between the different softwares.

Best

Nicola Ianeselli
BIM Manager

Twitter | LinkedIn

Infraworks Ambassador

Message 39 of 52

Hi Nicola ;

how can i find (civil 3D drawing icon) in Infraworks 360 ? , because it is not available in my downloaded version 2017.

Regards

Message 40 of 52

Hi @shamal68salih,

not sure what you are referring to!

Maybe the attached photo?

It is the best way to interact between the two!

Capture.PNG

Let me know

Nicola Ianeselli
BIM Manager

Twitter | LinkedIn

Infraworks Ambassador

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report