Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infraworks 2017.1 and 2017.2 incompatible?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
k.koolstra
617 Views, 4 Replies

Infraworks 2017.1 and 2017.2 incompatible?

I have shared a model I recently made using Infraworks 360 (2017.1 version) with students. Some students having a 2017.2 version indicate that they cannot open the model. One student can open it, but it doesn't display correctly. Infraworks gives the message that the model has to be upgraded by an admin or publisher. The student's have publisher rights, but I have no idea how they can upgrade the model and cannot find a clue by searching the Infraworks website.

Does anybody know if infraworks 2017.2 has backward compatibility problems with 2017.1 models, or have another explanation for this? Furthermore, has anybody suggestion to solve this (e.g. should I as the admin of the group upgrade to version 2017.2 and does that give me the option to upgrade my models as well)?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
John_DeLeeuw
in reply to: k.koolstra

@k.koolstra, here you can find the Best Practices for Upgrading Models.

Because cloud upgrade affects the whole team, you must be an Admin or Publisher. If you are an Author or a Reader of a model that has not been upgraded, and you have installed a new version of InfraWorks 360, ask an Admin or Publisher to upgrade the cloud model.

Let me know if this helps you?

John de Leeuw
Senior Consultant

Community Ambassador - Twitter - LinkedIn

Message 3 of 5
k.koolstra
in reply to: John_DeLeeuw

Updating to Infraworks 17.2 and upgrading the models by me (as the only Admin of the group) solved the problem. The students (having publishing rights) were reportedly unable to upgrade their models or in some cases even unable to open the model created in Infraworks 17.1, which is contrary to what is told on the Autodesk page on collaborating and updating in Infraworks 360.

Message 4 of 5

I am experiencing a similar problem. I created a model using model builder and when I try to open it, I get the "Unable to Open Model" error message.  I am the author and administrator who created the model. How do I go about correcting this issue. How do I update the cloud model?

Thanks.

Message 5 of 5
tsausaky
in reply to: testautodesk19

I have the same thing. When i try to create model with model builder, it creates 200-300 KB model, and writes unable to open the model when opening

@Meghan.frommer wrote:

I am experiencing a similar problem. I created a model using model builder and when I try to open it, I get the "Unable to Open Model" error message.  I am the author and administrator who created the model. How do I go about correcting this issue. How do I update the cloud model?

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report