Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show 3D solids's custom properties in InfraWorks?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
460 Views, 4 Replies

How to show 3D solids's custom properties in InfraWorks?

I created geological surfaces with Geotechnical module. Then I did 3D solids between surfaces. I add custom properties for this 3D solids in Civil 3D:

Снимок.PNG

Then I imported this 3D solids to InfraWorks. But I dont see this properties in IfraWorks, I cant choose them. Is it possible to show custom properties from Civil 3D in InfraWorks?

Снимок11.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
bcarriere
in reply to: Anonymous

What custom properties are you adding to the solid? I don't understand the language you are using, but I have extracted solids from surfaces created with the Geotechnical Module many times and imported them into InfaWorks and configured them as city furniture.

I would try importing the solids and configuring them as city furniture just to ensure there is no problem with the solids. If all goes well, then depending on the custom properties you are trying use, there may be a workaround if needed.

Message 3 of 5
Matt__W

What is your process for importing the 3D solids into Infraworks? Are you exporting to any particular file format first or are you importing a DWG that contains solids? Is the goal to bring in the solids as a terrain? If so,v why not just use the terrain data from your surfacea in civil 3D? You can export to a LandXML file or IMX and import into Infraworks. What is the custom data you're trying to import? You can create custom properties in Infraworks. Maybe that would be something you'd be interested in doing?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/infraworks-360/learn-explore/caas/simplecontent/content/custo...

Matt Wunch
Revit Subject Matter Expert/sUAS Pilot

Twitter | LinkedIn

AU2017 - Code Blue Dr Revit - How to Resuscitate Corrupt Revit Models

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button.

Message 4 of 5
John_DeLeeuw

@Anonymous, I understand what you are trying to do here but this isn't possible yet in InfraWorks 360 but you can vote here to get this implemented!

With the use of Property Sets on Solids coming from AutoCAD Civil 3D dynamic corridors or also geotechnical surfaces converted to 3D Solids we need indeed more object information put through to InfraWorks 360.

John de Leeuw
Senior Consultant

Community Ambassador - Twitter - LinkedIn

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: John_DeLeeuw

Ok, thanks. I understand that its not impossible now. Going to vote)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report