Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i publish a local model?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
heitz15
641 Views, 6 Replies

How do i publish a local model?

I have a model that i saved in my computer (LocaL), and i want to sent a link to my client that allows him to see the whole model. Can i do it? Do i have to create a new model and save it to the cloud? I would love some explanation about the workflow.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Matt__W
in reply to: heitz15

You have to create a scenario and publish it to the web for viewing.

You can find more info here as well.

Matt Wunch
Revit Subject Matter Expert/sUAS Pilot

Twitter | LinkedIn

AU2017 - Code Blue Dr Revit - How to Resuscitate Corrupt Revit Models

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button.

Message 3 of 7
Karsten.Saenger

Hi @heitz15

creating a scenario for web browser or iPad viewing like Matt mentions is one possibility. However the web browser consists of static and pre-rendered views. The iPad will not 1005 look the same because of different graphics performance.

If you have access to the cloud functionality the sharing of the model via InfraWorks 360 will give you client the same model experience as you have. You can define the clients rights on the model via the group management, for example viewing only.

Cheers,

Karsten

Karsten Saenger
Message 4 of 7

@heitz15,

Here is an example of a Public shared model which can be viewed by anyone on almost any (mobile) device because of the html5 format. The image below also has a hyperlink attached which will bring you to the Autodesk Infrastructure Gallery in which you can see more of this project:

Rotterdam - Public - 01.jpg

Here is also a direct link to the published model above, which used on your own project, you could also share such a link with your client.

In a published model using a static rendering overview of your model you can use extra hyperlinks which open full navigatable models like shown in the following project, also in the Gallery. This is using the new Autodesk LMV (Large Model Viewer).

2016-08-22_09-32-20.jpg

Also a direct link to this 3D model.

In this post on the Bimagination Blog you can read some more on how to prepare your InfraWorks 360 model to make it viewable using the LMV.

Let me know if this helps you?

John de Leeuw
Senior Consultant

Community Ambassador - Twitter - LinkedIn

Message 5 of 7

Message 6 of 7
heitz15
in reply to: Karsten.Saenger

@Karsten.Saenger Would you mind giving me more details about the workflow? I do have have acces to the cloud and giving my client the exact same model that i have is what i want. How do i do it?
Message 7 of 7
Karsten.Saenger

Hi @heitz15

basically you need to create a group that you own. Then you syncronize your model to this group. In the group management invita any user. The user receives an email invite and can see and download all models from this group.

2016-08-23_0849.png

Check the help files where the process is explained in detail:

About Collaboration

You migh also find this webcast helpful:

Webcast Feb 24th: New InfraWorks 360 Cloud Model Workflows

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report