Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change colour of grading

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
647 Views, 7 Replies

Change colour of grading

Hello everyone,

I'm using Infraworks 360s free version. I need to change the colour of the grading of a road that leads to a bridge. How can I change that?

Also I need to calculate the volume of the cut and fill. There's supposed to be a little excavator somewhere where I can calculate this but it's not visible in my version of Infraworks. Is this because I am still using the free version or is there another solution to that?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Kristin

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
SethHall
in reply to: Anonymous

Which version do you have installed? You can check by opening Application Options>About, and in the dialog look for "Version". If you have 2017.3 installed, and are using Component based roads you should be able to switch to Sloped Based Grading, then add grading zones, which can then be edited to display a different color/material for that zone. Quantities should also be available for component roads when the roads is selected.

Please let me know if this helps.

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: SethHall

Thank you for your answer! I'm using version 2016.4. I didnt figure out how to change the colour/material of the grading yet. I'm working on a component road and when I click edit I can choose between two modes "geometry" and "roadside grading" but there's no possibility to change the colour, only the grading method can be chosen.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Another related problem is, that IW doesn't show the excavator to view earthwork volumes like explained here: http://help.autodesk.com/view/INFMDR/ENU/?guid=GUID-3B774B8C-D0B6-4986-9E77-AAB98262CFF0

Message 5 of 8
SethHall

Hi @Anonymous

Unfortunately both features you are describing were not added to the product until 2017.3 release. The articles you are reading are referring to the newer release. 2016.4 is over a year old, and we have added quite a bit of new functionality to the product since then. If you have the opportunity to upgrade and install the latest version, I would highly recommend it as it will have all the features you are looking to use and more.

Thanks!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

I'm downloading the new version and I'll let you know if this will solve the problem. Thank you for your help!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Everything I need works now. Thank you for your help!

Message 8 of 8
trademachines.de

I'm glad you've been attended to. I would have suggested you download another excavator with the colour you wanted to change to and replace it with the one there and if the one there cannot be removed, you can place the new one on it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report