Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to import Civil 3D road design in to Infrawork?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1033 Views, 2 Replies

Best way to import Civil 3D road design in to Infrawork?

Hi

I'm new to Infraworks and trying to work out the best way to import my Civil 3D model, I have corridors and surfaces of all the roads but I cant seem to get it imported correctly.

I have tried to export the file as a LandXML and IMX plus importing them as Civil 3D models. I was hoping this would be fairly straight forward but all I can find is details on how to take an Infraworks model to Civil and back again but that's not what I want.

Help please 🙂

Thanks in advance.

Natalie

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
John_DeLeeuw
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous, I would go about it this way:

1. Bring Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D data into your InfraWorks 360 model by referencing a local AutoCAD Civil 3D DWG or an IMX
  2. Use Style Rule Expressions to Map Corridor Link Styles to Coverage Styles
  3. Reimport (Refresh only doesn't work) your Data Sources in InfraWorks when your Civil 3D Corridor has changed (make sure you close your Civil 3D DWG. If you used IMX, then its not a problem)

The workflow is also detailed here. (link corrected)

Let me know if this helps?

John de Leeuw
Senior Consultant

Community Ambassador - Twitter - LinkedIn

Message 3 of 3
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

there is a workflow of Civil 3D - InfraWork data exchange.

I suggest to have a loo at the webinar recordings covering this topic.

You will find all videos on http://www.autodesk.com/community/infraworks-360/videos for example Webcast March 9th - InfraWorks 360 and Civil 3D Workflows

Also the Civil 3D and InfraWorks help files cover this topic pretty well, for example AutoCAD Civil 3D Help: Exchanging Data with Autodesk InfraWorks 360

Best Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report