Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding More Context

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
pp0d
324 Views, 4 Replies

Adding More Context

So we have a model made in infraworks and we need to add more terrain or context to the model. Is this possible, or do we have to make a new model?

Thanks, 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JasonArtley
in reply to: pp0d

It is absolutely possible! Here is the guide: To Import Data

Good luck!

Message 3 of 5
pp0d
in reply to: JasonArtley

Not quite what I need, I am not too sure how to word this question. Basically we used the model builder to generate the terrain, we then said we need more of the mountains to show (just an example) is there a way to go back into the model builder and re-adjust the size of whats showing? I hope this makes sense. 

Thanks, 

Message 4 of 5
JasonArtley

You could certainly erase the model built terrain data and replace it with something from a different source without needing to recreate your model entirely. If you needed more project area however, then you'd need new aerial and road data as well. In which case I'd probably model build a new model, and copy/paste in place anything I wanted to migrate. 

Message 5 of 5
Matt__W

You can combine InfraWorks models if you already have one that has more of what you need.

But it sounds like you're pretty early in the design/planning phase so personally, I would do what @JasonArtley suggested and simply create a new model, encompassing more area (you can create a model using Model Builder that is up to 200 sq km) and copy/paste from the old model into the new one.

Matt Wunch
Revit Subject Matter Expert/sUAS Pilot

Twitter | LinkedIn

AU2017 - Code Blue Dr Revit - How to Resuscitate Corrupt Revit Models

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report