Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Model from Microstation into InfraWorks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
trung.le1998
733 Views, 6 Replies

3D Model from Microstation into InfraWorks

I'd been trying to import a completed 3D model from Microstation to Infraworks. Data Source Configuration shows the model in preview but the main window doesn't have anything. Am I missing something?

I also followed another way to export/import (DGN to LandXML to C3D to IMX, then import into InfraWorks). But this is useless since I can't edit in InfraWorks anyway. Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Matt__W
in reply to: trung.le1998

Does the Microstation model have a coordinate system? Or are you using interactive placement? If you're using interactive placement use the following settings. It will allow you to sort of see it as you place it in your IW model. It uses the center point of the 2D geometry as the insertion point.

IW_INTERACTIVE_PLACEMENT.png

Matt Wunch
Revit Subject Matter Expert/sUAS Pilot

Twitter | LinkedIn

AU2017 - Code Blue Dr Revit - How to Resuscitate Corrupt Revit Models

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button.

Message 3 of 7
trung.le1998
in reply to: Matt__W

It does have coordinate system. It just disappeared after placing it interactively too. I see my model before placing it but just not able to view anything afterward. 

Message 4 of 7

Hi,

I think your model is there, but with the wrong scale. Please try CTRL+mouse wheel by placing your 3D model.

Does it help?

Kind regards,

Sébastien

Sébastien Baudin
Message 5 of 7
Matt__W
in reply to: sebastien.baudin

You could try the ZOOM TO SELECTED to try to locate the model. The Screencast below will show you how to select a feature from the Data Sources panel then zoom to it.

Matt Wunch

Twitter | LinkedIn

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button.

Message 6 of 7
trung.le1998

Thanks for all your responds. I tried Zoom to Selected and it still shows a black screen. It's weird that if I change model type from Roads to Building at Conf stage, it shows up as one big 3D solid. However, I'm unable to change material for roadway since it is a big block. Any suggestion is appreciated. 

Thanks

Message 7 of 7
Matt__W

Okay, so you're trying to import roadways? You said in your first post that you could export to LandXML. InfraWorks can read LandXML files so there's no need to bring that into C3D THEN into InfraWorks (thinking out loud - it's possible that your C3D model didn't have the coordinates set?).

Try importing the LandXML file directly from Microstation and applying a road style in InfraWorks. Does THAT fall into the correct location?

Matt Wunch

Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report