Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Cordinates

Work Cordinates

I would like to have the option to be able to pick any point on my model to set my x,y,z coordinates and to be able to rotate around an axis to position my x,y,x as I wish. This method makes it faster imo to set work coordinates in any area of my part instead of clicking on planes or selecting predetermined coordinate planes. 

3 Comments

So you would want to just drag the X-axis around till it looks ok?

I mean how would you know it's actually aligned with something in the part?

pablo.casiano75
Explorer

No not like that at all, I use Solidcam as my primary cam software and it has an option to tilt any axis by giving it any degrees you need. I just would like to see this option incorporated in Fusion. It has helped a lot having this feature especially setting up multi work coordinates. I find it easier to just rotate around an axis than to click faces to establish what axis I need first. As I learn Fusion more I get better at using it's features.  Thinking about upgrading to the ultimate package in the future. 🙂 Hope you are enjoying fusion also, sorry for the late response, I don't check this site too often.

Aah,

Yeah, I would love to have a coordinate system like in SolidWorks&HSMWorks. 

In Fusion and Inventor we have no option to set it nicely like that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report