Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wonky coordinates

wonky coordinates

I really don't understand this but I've noticed that often when I drop something into a design and then move it, the component /looks/ like it's in the right place but then when I try to do something like align a plan to its surface, it's actually back where it randomly dropped in (read: very much not where I wanted it to be)

I'm not sure if that's a bug or a misfeature but it'd be nice to at least have the option to be able to start sketching in the plane defined by where the surface of a component appears to be in a design.

misplanes

Note that that blue construction plane (upper left) is actually on the surface of that mounting reference body (lower right).. or at least it should be and that's where I wanted it to go.

2 Comments

Ah - I finally found «ground» after which I get what seems like it should be the default behavior. I can almost imagine a scenario where the other way might be interesting or useful.. but the current approach is at least counterintuitive and feels like it would be something safe to bury / remove as the default behavior.

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report