Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visible/Hidden Workspace

Visible/Hidden Workspace

Coming from a background in Catia, one thing I seemed to ALWAYS use, especially in large assemblies, was the ability to toggle on or off visible/hidden workspaces. This is important primarily with large assemblies as you start to hide surfaces, bodies, components/etc searching thru all those drop downs becomes extremely tedious especially if its a small patch, or screw/etc that was hidden for CAM/etc. 

I'd love to just be able to toggle visibility to see everything that is currently hidden then show or select what I need that's hidden then toggle back to my visible view as normal. This would be ideal if it were available over all workspaces, but primarily the Model and CAM. 

Attached is something I've been wanting to make for a while. Found a decent model but has over 60 components. I've hidden a couple parts of the main housing, but none of the components are named they just have a part number. Right clicking the body hides the body not the component so now I need to go thru every single component and open it, then open bodies to see if its turned off which is going to take way too long most likely. This is just one example of why this would be beneficial. 

7 Comments
davidrobertson
Participant

I'm right behind this idea.  In fact, I posted a request to have this implemented in November 2015 (http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideastation-request-a-feature-or/visible-space-hidden-space/idi-p/5929...), but it didn't receive enough votes and got archived.  Not sure why people wouldn't wan't to make their lives a whole lot simpler.  Hope this post has more success!

zodiaceng
Advocate

Bummer @davidrobertson This has been something I've desired since I began using Fusion years ago. Wish I would have seen your thread earlier. 

yanouk73
Advocate

Hi, I allready ask for it also, visible/invisible toggle button, it's there in so many different cad, it's a big must.

You can work in the invisible as in the visible, the screen is normally green in the no show.

Thanks,

Yan

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

We are investigating how we can do this. It won't be in-product any time soon, but we've heard this come up enough times that we need to look at what we can do to make this better. More to come. 

yanouk73
Advocate

I suggest to just add a toggle button, that invert the show/hidden parts setting, so when you are in the no show, you can select, design, do measure... then you toggle back to come back to the show environnement.

I other software, most of the time, the back ground is green when you are in the no show, so you can mix your mind.

This is a must in my concern, you fixed so many things that were for me needed, this is the only missing importante point and in my opinion, it's not a big deal to fix it, because it,s just invert one setting the hide/show of all parts in one click.

Thank you.

yanouk73
Advocate
This is for me the most important missing feature of Fusion 360
yanouk73
Advocate

Invisible-visible, show-no show toggle button, this is so simple, it's will eliminate so many other request that I see in the idea station, some users do not have experiences on Catia, NX and all the other big CAD systems that have it, so they don't know what they are missing with this fonction, but I see several request talking about better show bulb light and better way to see hidden body, it's the only real way to manage the hidden bodies efficiently, so on, but in final the real missing fonction is Show-No show invert button, when this will be done in final, you will see many ideas request about invisible components that will be solve with this feature.

It's a must that look not so popular, but it's more a bug then a missing feature IMHO.

Thanks,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report