Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version number of Drawings to match the version of the design or part it's from

Version number of Drawings to match the version of the design or part it's from

This is a big problem when dealing with supplier. I usually send them a step file with a PDF drawing of the part and it confuses them to have the two files with different numbers.

Let say you send the Step-v8 with the Drawing-v5 for a quote and then you send them revised files for the making that are Step-V12 and Drawing-V8, one could think that the New Drawing actually goes to the old Step.

The model version is important to keep going right but the version of a blueprint does not matter as much by itself so it would a lot easier to manage files if the print number matches the model or part number.

For now I loose my time to make them match manually before I send them to suppliers.

1 Comment
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

We feel you. The solution to this is Fusion Lifecycle, our PLM counterpart. As both products mature, you will start to see a tighter and tighter integration between the two, which will alleviate a lot of your headaches. We've captured this and will make sure the Lifecycle team is aware of your challenges. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report