Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User group testing of updates before the updates go live

User group testing of updates before the updates go live

This thread is the main reason for this idea. 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/design-validate-document/stability-issues-on-mac-os-x/m-p/6040354/high...

There are other threads that are like this too. 

I think it would be useful for AD to gauge the interest and need for a user testing group to be formed. 

I suppose its a bit like distributed computation groups that organisations like S.E.T.E use to look for aliens. 

I love the fusion concept. AD is a big company. But fusion is only a small part of its portfolio. 

If us users can help make it better we should. 

Please vote if you share this ideal. It would be useful to show AD that we would like to help improve the update process. 

it would be better for all of the interested parties. 

Cheers 

Simon 

5 Comments
daniel_lyall
Mentor
this would of saved their **** this time round
cekuhnen
Mentor

Look at why apple started the open beta : after the disaster with apple maps.

bmxjeff
Collaborator

Yes, 

It seems that after every major update there are serious stability issues. (They cause me mental instability) If any of those leaked out in the Code to the Machine Tool, it would be dangerous, and potentially very expensive.

For example: the Drilling operation in this past update. It lost it's relation to the "Hole Bottom" and "Hole Top" of the selected holes. (I know what it's like to lose a relationship.) If I would have reposted a program after the update, it would have crashed the machine. And I would have had to start a lemonade stand.

When I see an update is available I get excited first, then...I am reluctant to accept it. It could cause me serious problems and might not allow me to continue my Machining project. It has happened before : ) But... I can not resist the new features! Why do you do this to me!!

While the team is great at jumping on those bugs quickly, and pushing out another update, (With style @keqingsong) it might be beneficial to setup a user base to squash the bugs before they get to the public. Guys like @LibertyMachine seem to have a knack for it. This might be something you have already done, but perhaps it could be improved.

Thanks for making such a great software, I would not be in business without it!

keqingsong
Community Manager
Hey there! Thanks so much for submitting your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get a lot of votes from the community, and now is 2 years old. We're changing its status to archived. If you still feel strongly about this idea, you can resubmit it. Check out some idea submission best practices here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-faq/ideas/m-p/5384681#M44
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report