Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI customization

UI customization

Would it be possible to make the toolbar more customizable?  I would like to be able to customize the following:

• Icon sizes
  • Order of sections*
  • Configurable toolbar size (not just one line of icons)

It would also help to be able to define my own keyboard shortcuts. F360 is improving in this regard, but still most commands are not accessible via keyboard shortcuts.

___

* After the last update, the order of sections has been changed and I would like to set to what it was (e. g. Create-Modify-Sketch...). I can reorder tools/commands within individual sections, but not the sections. I can understand changing UI layout when there are larger changes in functionality, but this last one does not seem to fall into that category and is pretty annoying

2 Comments
MartinMajewski
Advocate

The reset and reordering of the toolbar in the last update drove me nuts... A settings-export function to restore a toolbar-setup would also be nice.

JamieGilchrist
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

hi lacrimacz,

thanks for your feedback.  we are currently working on a restructuring of the interface architecture of our toolbar and much of what we are planning is based on user feedback and research; we will be making some changes that will better support your workflows.  So we are hesitant to commit to additional customization changes to the current toolbar before making this update to the ui architecture.  Once we've implemented our changes we will revisit the idea of customizable toolbars, beyond the scope of what you can currently do.

please also, for user defined keyboard short cuts, this has come up numerous times in the idea station, please add your vote here:  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideastation-request-a-feature-or/custom-shortcuts-mapkeys/idi-p/628974...

best,

Jamie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report