Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tutorial

Tutorial

The tutorial animation cannot be stopped and is hard to follow.  I am new to CAD.   I cannot see the steps whiz by and the constant animation is irritating.  How do i make it pause? 

14 Comments

This seems like a problem with making your own player.

There's nothing intrinsically wrong with reinventing the wheel but if you're going to do it, make sure you don't lose basic wheel functionality.

AD - unless you want to do that well, why not just put them on YouTube ? Then it's one less thing to build and maintain, the videos would be easy to find, and people could control the playback speed (0.5x through 2x), pause, rewind, etc. 

anonperson
Advocate

cdepalma: Which tutorial animation(s) are not stopping for you?

I've started with the ones here (and they can be stopped!), if that's helpful:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/getting-started/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/ENU/Fusion...

cdepalma
Explorer
Each steps animates in loop. That is the issue.  Triggering migraines. "No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and Virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders." - Samuel Adams “It is not an endlessly expanding list of rights ---the “right” to an education; the “right” to health care; the “right” to food and housing. That is not freedom. That is dependency. Those are not rights. Those are the rations of slavery – hay and a barn for human cattle.” - Alexis de Tocqueville
anonperson
Advocate

Bad cut-n-paste?

With the tutorials at the link I gave, for me they pause when I press the space bar.  Is that not working for you too?

There are also fairly thorough PDF's for Fusion 360 training here, if it helps:

http://fusion360.autodesk.com/learning/learning.html?guid=GUID-CC9A8E39-356C-43EA-9EDD-0E9C1321E0F2

cdepalma
Explorer

Untitled.png

This is the tutorial i am talking about.  The lamp tutorial from the help -> step by step tutorials.

yes, i see they have youtube videos at that link you reference.  I'll look at them.  I can't stand this dialog and i wonder why autodesk even bothers with anything other than youtube for tutorials.

anonperson
Advocate

Some people don't learn well from video's.  So, they probably have to cover their bases and have a bunch of content of various types. 😉

anonperson
Advocate

This might be useful.  It's the full Fusion 360 training course on Youtube, and it seems to be set up in the right order too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyhfrZYYQLs&list=PLmA_xUT-8UlJpYbha60oAQMxFlBY371oZ&index=1

cdepalma
Explorer

Thanks for the link.  Looks good.

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

We're looking at using a new in-product tutorial framework that some of our other team members are working on. That will improve the whole experience. To @anonperson 's point, our users come from all kinds of backgrounds, and learn it a variety of different ways. We definitely agree that YouTube is one of my primary channels for learning and tutorials, but we'd also like integrate better learning content right within the product. 

wipw
Enthusiast

A major frustration with the current implementation  of the 'step by step tutorials' seems to be when are working on a tutorial and have to leave F360 and save the model.  When you open the model again and select the tutorial from the help menu, it opens a new model to work on from step ONE.Smiley Mad

cdepalma
Explorer
Yes, that is another problem with the tutorial, besides the annoying animation.  Youtube is better
anonperson
Advocate

@WIPP That confuses me.  From memory, when I was doing the tutorials, I'd do a "Save As" to save the model in my own workspace.  Then the model was how I left it when I come back to pick it up.

Is that not what you're doing?

wipw
Enthusiast

Sure the model is saved at the stage I was working on and I can go back to it.  But when I re-open the same tutorial from the help drop down (step by step tutorials), the tutorial opens in a new workspace (tab) with its own 'step-one' model.  If I want to comlete the lesson with my saved model I have to keep switching tabs to read the tutorial in one tab & back to my in-progress model to implement the instructions. It's nuts.

atiyabessauod0697905089
Community Visitor

عطية بسعود

Spoiler

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report