Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting tangent surfaces

Selecting tangent surfaces

Many times we want to select all surfaces that are tangental to each other.  It would be great to have a button that allows the user to select tangent surfaces.

tangentail surfaces.png

4 Comments
Ndenekamp
Advocate

Same would go for curve/edge loops as well, especially if selections were more consistently remembered when activating a feature or other operation.

anewenergy
Advocate

YES, great point, I want to chain edges.  Also would be able to select lines that are behind a surface.  "Slect Other" is what Solidworks has in their solution.

selecting other.png

promm
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Thank you for your idea, this is getting changed to future consideration.  It will be changed to accepted when work gets started.

Cheers,

Mike Prom

DDP-ED
Advocate

Often a situation arises when you have to allocate a lot of patches for editing, such as complex loops fillets from imported parts. This is necessary when operations "offset faces", "delete", "create selection set" and other cases.

If you select each patch complex loops with your hands, you can spend a lot of time on stupid useless job.

I propose to simplify the work:

need to create "tangent chain patches" to selection in dialog boxes of the featuries or in the context menu, where you first select the patch, then to specify the next adjacent patch of the flow, in order recognized the required loop of the fillet or surfaces tangent flow.

Screenshot_4.png

I think that it will simplify the task of the modeller for quick multiple selection, and will allow the user to choose the desired stream surfaces (without the controversial allocation options).

Tags (3)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report