Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ordering of tools in toolbar is not ideal

The ordering of tools in toolbar is not ideal

I've now surveyed throught the Sculpt workspace's toolbar items, and was surprised in many cases by their current positioning.

It's not ideal, or logical. Which is just fine at this stage to get features created and stability proven. However, at some point the Fusion 360 team should (imho) book some time for rethinking the tool ordering, and making a true cleanup in that regard. This should be before people start making elaborate investments into i.e. writing books on the system.

I don't want to give a full analysis, yet (will do so if requested). Some of the issues I faced were Sculpt > Modify having loads of tools that have nothing to do with modifying T-Splines. Just an example (let's not get tied with that).

This goes hand-in-hand with the workflow discussions that have been done elsewhere in the forum (i.e. order of selection of elements vs. tool selection).

Are there no company-wide recommendations at Autodesk as to how a new tool should deal with its UI? Innovation is good, but so is consistency. Many people have referred to Inventor as a product that does these things pretty nice. Why be inconsistent with it?

My main point: don't think the UI is currently ideal. It's not. Book time for making it perfect (once the features themselves are all in and tested).

2 Comments
kat.ingalls
Alumni

Hey Asko! Have moved this topic to our IdeaStation as a request. I'm definitely not a UI expert, but having talked with several of our users, it seems people have different preferences for how to work - particularly depending on if you come from using traditional CAD tools, or if you're a new/design user. There's always room for improvement - looking forward to continuing this discussion. I'm sure our product team will chime in with an update!

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report