Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Box copy

Text Box copy

I would love it if you guys implemented a way to copy the text box with the current characters I have input and allow me to paste them. For instance I make a text box with
[ 1 2 3 4] i would like to copy it and paste it on another part of my model, select the text box, and change the characters to [5 6 7 8]. All while keeping the same text box size and spacing. Also, if we could align text better to objects that would be great. Example the text box has a midpoint and I can use point to point to align it with a midpoint of an object. Cheers!
2 Comments

This kind of thing is why it's better to use native UI widgets whenever possible. Reinventing the wheel guarantees that things will not conform to OS specific guidelines and basic functionality like this will be broken

kselbo
Explorer

Just now I wanted to make an adjustment dial with numbers around the perimeter.  26 of them to be exact.  It would have been fairly quick if I had been able to make a circular pattern of text boxes and then gone in and typed the numbers.  even easier would have been making a circular pattern with the numbers incrementing automatically.  The hardest and most tedious solution is to create and rotate 26 text boxes which is what I ended up doing.  

It's sort of bizarre that I can create circular patterns of most anything BUT a letter box.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report