Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync parts for offline usage from cloud to offline cache

Sync parts for offline usage from cloud to offline cache

Hi,

for intended offline work - e.g. doing the CAM program in front of the machine while another part is processed - I wanted to sync multiple parts (like 20) to my offline cache. Unfortunately there's no selection or single-button solution for that.

Instead, I have to open every part so the offline cache file for it is created.

My idea: introduce, maybe on project level, a checkbox which, when checked, syncs the project contents from the cloud to the harddrive of the connecting computer whenever it is logged in.

This way no worry anymore about whether and when the part was last opened, no merge issues, etc. Instead, working offline can prepared properly and syncing back to the cloud will be easier as well.

If this is already requested somehwere else, I am sorry, didn't find it then.

Regards,

Daniel

3 Comments
haughec
Autodesk

Thanks for the suggestion.  This is something that we'd like to support, but it isn't among our top priorities.  Moving this to future consideration for now.

Charles

haughec
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

DubManufacturing
Contributor

This is an older post, but I would like to raise this as a current issue that plagues me, and costs me money. My shop space does not have access to a telephone line, cable, or otherwise a data connection. As such, if I've forgotten to sync whatever files I was working on on my desktop over to my laptop before I've left my house for the shop, it leave me having to stream (costly) data over the cellular network. It would be great if my laptop would be able to automatically sync over my files based upon either a checkbox or my most recent data. Thanks! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea