Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support multiple windows with multiple monitors

Support multiple windows with multiple monitors

It would be very good if Fusion would allow a Design window with a replicated toolbar in multiple monitor setups, but not multiple distinct instances.

That is, I want to be able to work on two parts, assemblies, or drawings simultaneously with each one with its own monitor and toolbar.  This is useful for presentations, but it is also very useful for editing sub-assemblies and components, or building drawings for complex parts.

6 Comments

This is something app developers do all the time that baffles me.

The OS handles windowing and tiling natively, so with a good MVC architecture, supporting multiple windows should be trivial, but instead they build and maintain a lot of extra code to reinvent the wheel.

Closely related - use native menus (and toolbars) rather than making custom ones. Windows and OS X handle menus and toolbars differently, and that would get a lot closer to native look and feel.

Easy* fix for all of these things - use the same abstraction layer but make it thinner by yanking all of the custom BS and implementing it on each OS with the native widgets. 

* YMMV

cekuhnen
Mentor

but for that the UI needs a drastic speed improvement. I find that the quad view is hard to work with (noticable screen lag) compared to single view.

anonperson
Advocate
ylevine
Advocate

+1

Also good for multiple views of the same design. For example, see the top view of the whole design on monitor while working on a small detail in front view of another monitor.

haughec
Autodesk

Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, we don't plan to invest in multi-document support in the near future.

Thanks,

Charles

haughec
Autodesk
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report